All-male production of Gilbert and Sullivan classic The Pirates of Penzance comes to Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Gilbert and Sullivan’s classic The Pirates of Penzance is reimagined in an award-winning all-male production that comes to Cambridge Arts Theatre next month.
Sasha Regan’s production visits Cambridge from June 9-13 as part of its first UK tour.
A classic musical comedy of mistaken identity, The Pirates of Penzance follows young Frederic, a child apprenticed to a band of tender-hearted, orphaned pirates exploring the coastline in search of treasure and romance.
It first opened in 1879 and was an immediate triumph for Gilbert and Sullivan, remaining to this day their most popular and successful collaboration.
Shows are held on 7.45pm each day, with 2.30pm matinees on June 11 and June 13.
Ticket prices range from £15-£15, with all tickets subject to a £3 booking fee. To purchase, contact the Arts Theatre box office on 01223 503333.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?