All-male production of Gilbert and Sullivan classic The Pirates of Penzance comes to Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Gilbert and Sullivan’s classic The Pirates of Penzance is reimagined in an award-winning all-male production that comes to Cambridge Arts Theatre next month.
Sasha Regan’s production visits Cambridge from June 9-13 as part of its first UK tour.
A classic musical comedy of mistaken identity, The Pirates of Penzance follows young Frederic, a child apprenticed to a band of tender-hearted, orphaned pirates exploring the coastline in search of treasure and romance.
It first opened in 1879 and was an immediate triumph for Gilbert and Sullivan, remaining to this day their most popular and successful collaboration.
Shows are held on 7.45pm each day, with 2.30pm matinees on June 11 and June 13.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket prices range from £15-£15, with all tickets subject to a £3 booking fee. To purchase, contact the Arts Theatre box office on 01223 503333.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 6 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years