All-male production of Gilbert and Sullivan classic The Pirates of Penzance comes to Cambridge Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Gilbert and Sullivan’s classic The Pirates of Penzance is reimagined in an award-winning all-male production that comes to Cambridge Arts Theatre next month.
Sasha Regan’s production visits Cambridge from June 9-13 as part of its first UK tour.
A classic musical comedy of mistaken identity, The Pirates of Penzance follows young Frederic, a child apprenticed to a band of tender-hearted, orphaned pirates exploring the coastline in search of treasure and romance.
It first opened in 1879 and was an immediate triumph for Gilbert and Sullivan, remaining to this day their most popular and successful collaboration.
Shows are held on 7.45pm each day, with 2.30pm matinees on June 11 and June 13.
You may also want to watch:
Ticket prices range from £15-£15, with all tickets subject to a £3 booking fee. To purchase, contact the Arts Theatre box office on 01223 503333.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list