All singing, all dancing extravaganza Love Fest set for Downham Market Leisure Centre
- Credit: Archant
Love Fest, ‘a romantically, fantastical, all singing, all dancing extravaganza celebrating all the things the people of West Norfolk love’, is coming to Downham Market Leisure Centre.
With entertainment for children, families and adults alike, organisers say “come along to browse stalls and join in activities, play games and win prizes, enjoy free tea and cake and hear local love stories, all completely free of charge”.
Spiltmilk Dance, who have been touring around the UK with special events and cabarets, will lead the event on Sunday 18 (1-3pm).
They partner with Creative Arts East, Alive Leisure and the Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk to deliver an afternoon of “good old fashioned fun”.
“I am very pleased that this partnership is giving an opportunity for people in the Downham Market area to be able to take part in a selection of arts and entertainment events,” said Councillor Elizabeth Nockolds.
You may also want to watch:
On 23 September also at Alive Downham Leisure Spiltmilk will be holding a Cabaret event, we are offering micro commissions to local professional performance artists from any genre to create a short act that will feature as part of the event. For more information please visit www.spiltmilkdance.co.uk
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers