An evening of classical music in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
The Chatteris Music Society are featuring an evening of classical music from Beethoven, Brhams, Stravinsky and Mozart thanks to the Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra.
Music includes Brahms Variations on a theme by Haydn and Stravinsky’s Ode, elegiacal chant for orchestra.
The conducter is Harry Ogg with soloists Clive Miller (trumpet) and Janie Shillito (cor anglais).
The Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra was founded in 1966 by keen amateur musicians who had enjoyed making music in various university orchestras and wanted to continue playing after graduation.
Former musical directors have included Sir Andrew Davis, Nicholas Collon and Edmon Colomer, now the president of the orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
• The musical evening is at Chatteris parish church on Saturday September 16 at 7pm and tickets for adults are pre-booked £12.50 or £15 on the door. Under 16’s free. Book at 01354 669104/694833/692091 or buy from Elizabeth’s Florist, High Street, Chatteris, or Greetings, High Street, March. Interval refreshments.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton