An evening of classical music in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
The Chatteris Music Society are featuring an evening of classical music from Beethoven, Brhams, Stravinsky and Mozart thanks to the Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra.
Music includes Brahms Variations on a theme by Haydn and Stravinsky’s Ode, elegiacal chant for orchestra.
The conducter is Harry Ogg with soloists Clive Miller (trumpet) and Janie Shillito (cor anglais).
The Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra was founded in 1966 by keen amateur musicians who had enjoyed making music in various university orchestras and wanted to continue playing after graduation.
Former musical directors have included Sir Andrew Davis, Nicholas Collon and Edmon Colomer, now the president of the orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
• The musical evening is at Chatteris parish church on Saturday September 16 at 7pm and tickets for adults are pre-booked £12.50 or £15 on the door. Under 16’s free. Book at 01354 669104/694833/692091 or buy from Elizabeth’s Florist, High Street, Chatteris, or Greetings, High Street, March. Interval refreshments.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack