An evening of classical music in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
The Chatteris Music Society are featuring an evening of classical music from Beethoven, Brhams, Stravinsky and Mozart thanks to the Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra.
Music includes Brahms Variations on a theme by Haydn and Stravinsky’s Ode, elegiacal chant for orchestra.
The conducter is Harry Ogg with soloists Clive Miller (trumpet) and Janie Shillito (cor anglais).
The Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra was founded in 1966 by keen amateur musicians who had enjoyed making music in various university orchestras and wanted to continue playing after graduation.
Former musical directors have included Sir Andrew Davis, Nicholas Collon and Edmon Colomer, now the president of the orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
• The musical evening is at Chatteris parish church on Saturday September 16 at 7pm and tickets for adults are pre-booked £12.50 or £15 on the door. Under 16’s free. Book at 01354 669104/694833/692091 or buy from Elizabeth’s Florist, High Street, Chatteris, or Greetings, High Street, March. Interval refreshments.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic