Andre Rieu comes to Ely Cinema’s big screen for his Home for Christmas concert
- Credit: Archant
Andre Rieu, dubbed ‘The King of Waltz’ will bring his spectacular Christmas concert, Home for Christmas to Ely Cinema’s big screen on Sunday December 1.
The recording will also include a tour of André’s medieval castle home, and an audience question and answer session.
Caroline Cawley from ADEC, who run the cinema, said: “This very special event will be fully hosted and will give fans a chance to interact with the ‘King of Waltz’ like never before.”
The recorded screening of the Home for Christmas concert is filmed primarily at Rieu’s home, a romantic medieval castle in his hometown of Maastricht in The Netherlands.
Together with his Johann Strauss Orchestra, soloists and choir, André performs 26 holiday classics in his snowy, beautifully decorated garden and Saint Pierter Church across the street from his home.
You may also want to watch:
Home for Christmas also includes special guest performances by The Royal Choir Society Mastreechter Staar, The Sjamaes Children’s Choir and 10 year old ballerina Rosa.
The show starts at 3pm on Sunday December 1, and tickets cost £15/£14. They are available online from www.adec.org.uk from the ADeC box office on 01353 616991, and in person from Burrows Bookshop in Ely’s High Street Passage, and from the Babylon Gallery at Waterside, Ely.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car