Angles Theatre actors putting on Alfred Hitchcock production The 39 Steps
- Credit: Archant
A group of talented young actors are putting on their version of an Alfred Hitchcock classic spy thriller this week at the Angles Theatre.
RATz, the theatre’s in-house amateur drama group, will perform The 39 Steps on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening, 7.30pm start.
Four actors will play a remarkable 139 roles in 100 minutes of fast-paced fun and thrilling action.
The group’s interpretation of the Olivier Award winning play follows the adventures of a handsome hero, a stiff-upper-lip, gung-ho character who encounters dastardly murders, double-crossing secret agents and beautiful women.
The production is directed by Adam Billett, who is studying for a Masters Degree in Drama at Leicester University.
You may also want to watch:
He is working with a young cast of four - Luke Burridge as Richard Hannay, Eleanor Pettet as Pamela, Lewis Barnard as Clown One and Carl Ward as Clown Two.
Tickets are £11 (£9 concessions) and are available at www.anglestheatre.co.uk or from the box office at 01945 47 44 47
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor