Angles Theatre actors putting on Alfred Hitchcock production The 39 Steps
- Credit: Archant
A group of talented young actors are putting on their version of an Alfred Hitchcock classic spy thriller this week at the Angles Theatre.
RATz, the theatre’s in-house amateur drama group, will perform The 39 Steps on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening, 7.30pm start.
Four actors will play a remarkable 139 roles in 100 minutes of fast-paced fun and thrilling action.
The group’s interpretation of the Olivier Award winning play follows the adventures of a handsome hero, a stiff-upper-lip, gung-ho character who encounters dastardly murders, double-crossing secret agents and beautiful women.
The production is directed by Adam Billett, who is studying for a Masters Degree in Drama at Leicester University.
He is working with a young cast of four - Luke Burridge as Richard Hannay, Eleanor Pettet as Pamela, Lewis Barnard as Clown One and Carl Ward as Clown Two.
Tickets are £11 (£9 concessions) and are available at www.anglestheatre.co.uk or from the box office at 01945 47 44 47
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal