Angles Theatre’s RATz preparing to bring RENT to Wisbech stage
THE Angles Theatre’s RATz hope to bring the house down once again when they take rock musical production RENT to the stage next month.
Rehearsals for the Angles’ in-house group’s show have been in full swing for the last month - and members hope to build on the massive success of last year’s musical production of Our House.
The story, by Jonathan Larson based on Puccini’s famous opera La Boh�me, is set in New York and features a number of young actors and musicians all struggling to carve a decent career in the Big Apple and all dogged by the constant threat of HIV/AIDS.
Some characters die, others survive. Either way the pain and desperation they all feel from time to time is poignantly portrayed in song after song as the story digs deep into the lives and loves, trials and tribulations of the characters portrayed by the RATz cast.
The cast of 20 is under the direction of Kevin Shippey. Singing is under the demanding tutelage of Emma Small with choreography by Laura-Jayne Shippey.
You may also want to watch:
The band is being masterminded by Steve Simmonds and the whole production is under the watchful eye of Kerry Ketteringham.
RENT runs from October 5-15 (no show on October 6 or October 13). Tickets cost �11 (�9 concessions) and all performances start at 7.30pm.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
Tickets are on sale at the box office and can be booked online at www.anglestheatre.co.uk