Angles Theatre’s RATz preparing to bring RENT to Wisbech stage
THE Angles Theatre’s RATz hope to bring the house down once again when they take rock musical production RENT to the stage next month.
Rehearsals for the Angles’ in-house group’s show have been in full swing for the last month - and members hope to build on the massive success of last year’s musical production of Our House.
The story, by Jonathan Larson based on Puccini’s famous opera La Boh�me, is set in New York and features a number of young actors and musicians all struggling to carve a decent career in the Big Apple and all dogged by the constant threat of HIV/AIDS.
Some characters die, others survive. Either way the pain and desperation they all feel from time to time is poignantly portrayed in song after song as the story digs deep into the lives and loves, trials and tribulations of the characters portrayed by the RATz cast.
The cast of 20 is under the direction of Kevin Shippey. Singing is under the demanding tutelage of Emma Small with choreography by Laura-Jayne Shippey.
You may also want to watch:
The band is being masterminded by Steve Simmonds and the whole production is under the watchful eye of Kerry Ketteringham.
RENT runs from October 5-15 (no show on October 6 or October 13). Tickets cost �11 (�9 concessions) and all performances start at 7.30pm.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 3 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 4 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 5 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 8 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 9 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 10 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
Tickets are on sale at the box office and can be booked online at www.anglestheatre.co.uk