Angles Theatre to stage ‘fast and hilarious’ comedy Searching for Doctor Branovic
THE latest work of one of Britain’s most popular comedy playwrights is being staged in Wisbech this week.
Searching for Doctor Branovic is the new comedy from David Tristram, whose plays are performed in amateur and professional theatres across the world.
This week, it is being performed by Flatlands Comedy Club, an offshoot of Wisbech Players, at the Angles Theatre.
The cast includes experienced actress, director and choreographer Jo Sherry, who moved to the area from North London seven years ago. It is directed by Chris Smith.
Mr Smith said: “The cast have thoroughly enjoyed the rigour of rehearsing this tremendously fast and hilarious comedy and I feel certain that the audiences will enjoy it as much as the cast have in putting it together.”
You may also want to watch:
The play is being performed from Wednesday to Saturday (July 18-21) at the Angles Theatre. Doors open from 7.30pm, with tickets priced at �11 and �9 for concessions.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000