Angles Theatre to stage ‘fast and hilarious’ comedy Searching for Doctor Branovic
THE latest work of one of Britain’s most popular comedy playwrights is being staged in Wisbech this week.
Searching for Doctor Branovic is the new comedy from David Tristram, whose plays are performed in amateur and professional theatres across the world.
This week, it is being performed by Flatlands Comedy Club, an offshoot of Wisbech Players, at the Angles Theatre.
The cast includes experienced actress, director and choreographer Jo Sherry, who moved to the area from North London seven years ago. It is directed by Chris Smith.
Mr Smith said: “The cast have thoroughly enjoyed the rigour of rehearsing this tremendously fast and hilarious comedy and I feel certain that the audiences will enjoy it as much as the cast have in putting it together.”
You may also want to watch:
The play is being performed from Wednesday to Saturday (July 18-21) at the Angles Theatre. Doors open from 7.30pm, with tickets priced at �11 and �9 for concessions.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid