Angles Theatre to stage ‘fast and hilarious’ comedy Searching for Doctor Branovic
THE latest work of one of Britain’s most popular comedy playwrights is being staged in Wisbech this week.
Searching for Doctor Branovic is the new comedy from David Tristram, whose plays are performed in amateur and professional theatres across the world.
This week, it is being performed by Flatlands Comedy Club, an offshoot of Wisbech Players, at the Angles Theatre.
The cast includes experienced actress, director and choreographer Jo Sherry, who moved to the area from North London seven years ago. It is directed by Chris Smith.
Mr Smith said: “The cast have thoroughly enjoyed the rigour of rehearsing this tremendously fast and hilarious comedy and I feel certain that the audiences will enjoy it as much as the cast have in putting it together.”
You may also want to watch:
The play is being performed from Wednesday to Saturday (July 18-21) at the Angles Theatre. Doors open from 7.30pm, with tickets priced at �11 and �9 for concessions.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim