Anglian Players bring farcical comedy ‘Don’t Get Your Vicars In A Twist’ to March Community Centre
- Credit: Archant
Following the success of The Anglian Players entertaining and colourful production of ‘Allo ‘Allo last March, rehearsals are well underway for their next show.
‘Don’t Get Your Vicars In A Twist’, by Ann Gawthorpe and Lesley Bown, is a fast-paced farcical comedy of mistaken identities and misunderstandings.
The action takes place in a country vicarage in 1993, the first year that women priests were ordained.
Church warden George has secretly hired out the vicarage to a theatrical group for a murder mystery weekend.
Mayhem ensues as he tries to conceal what is happening from the new female vicar, a visiting bishop, and guests who think they have booked a quiet weekend in the country.
You may also want to watch:
The three main roles are being played by Alan Hooks, Damien O’Donovan and Alison Fox, who performed in ‘Allo ‘Allo.
Directed by Alison Fox, ‘Don’t Get Your Vicars In A Twist’ promises a riot of comedy which is sure to delight audiences.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 8 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
Performances will be at March Community Centre, Station Road, on Thursday 23, Friday 24 and Saturday 25 November, starting at 7.30pm.
There is also a matinee performance at 2.30pm on Saturday November 25.
Tickets are £8 or £7 for concessions and will be on sale from Monday November 6, and available from The Pet Shop, Station Road, March.