Annie takes to The Broadway stage in Peterborough from May 3-7
THE heart-warming rags-to-riches musical Annie comes to The Broadway Theatre in Peterborough next week.
Hi-de-Hi! star Su Pollard and TV actor David McAlister star in the show which opens next Tuesday and runs until Saturday May 7.
Annie’s adventures from Miss Hannigan’s orphanage to the luxurious home of Oliver Warbucks is a story that has been told all over the world for decades.
First seen on stage in 1976, the show is one of the best loved family musicals of all time.
At Peterborough, Pollard reprises her role as the dastardly Miss Hannigan and McAlister makes a welcome return as the billionaire businessman Oliver Warbucks.
With a memorable score including It’s A Hard Knock Life, Easy Street and of course the legendary Tomorrow, along with brilliantly visual choreography and a side-splittingly funny script, you will remember Annie as warm and funny as the first time you ever saw it.
• Evening performances commence at 7.30pm with matinee performances on Thursday and Saturday starting at 2.30pm.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
Tickets range from �15.50 to �26.50 and can be purchased by calling 0844 850 0 850 or by visiting www.thebroadwaytheatre.co.uk