Another chance to see Peterborough Opera performance
MISSED Peterborough Opera’s performance at the Angles Theatre last month? Tickets have gone on sale for a double bill next month.
Two short operas will be performed by the group at the Corn Exchange Theatre, Stamford, from November 8-10.
Gianni Schicchi is a comedy revolving around the all-too-familiar story of a family feuding over their dead father’s will. Or is he their father? Is he really dead? And where is the will anyway? And what tricks might the old boy have played on his scheming relatives?
By contrast Cavalleria Rustican is a drama of two country couples experiencing the pain of jealousy, betrayal and lost love, resulting in tragic revenge.
In this double bill, both operas are performed fully costumed, in English and with orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
Performances start at 7.30pm. Tickets cost �13 (�12 concessions), with children under 16 accompanied by an adult free of charge.
To purchase tickets, contact the Corn Exchange Theatre box office on 01780 766455.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'