Another chance to see Peterborough Opera performance
MISSED Peterborough Opera’s performance at the Angles Theatre last month? Tickets have gone on sale for a double bill next month.
Two short operas will be performed by the group at the Corn Exchange Theatre, Stamford, from November 8-10.
Gianni Schicchi is a comedy revolving around the all-too-familiar story of a family feuding over their dead father’s will. Or is he their father? Is he really dead? And where is the will anyway? And what tricks might the old boy have played on his scheming relatives?
By contrast Cavalleria Rustican is a drama of two country couples experiencing the pain of jealousy, betrayal and lost love, resulting in tragic revenge.
In this double bill, both operas are performed fully costumed, in English and with orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
Performances start at 7.30pm. Tickets cost �13 (�12 concessions), with children under 16 accompanied by an adult free of charge.
To purchase tickets, contact the Corn Exchange Theatre box office on 01780 766455.
- 1 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 2 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 9 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year