Arthur Miller classic coming to Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Talawa Theatre Company returns to Cambridge Arts Theatre later this month with the critically acclaimed production of All My Sons.
The play is a classic 20th century American drama and one of Arthur Miller’s first successes as a playwright.
It’s 1947, Joe and Katie Keller, an all-American couple, are living with the ghosts of the Second World War.
Joe is successful, a self-made businessman, a loving family man and a pillar of the community. Joe and Kate’s happiness is clouded by one thing – their son is missing in
action, presumed dead by all but his mother.
You may also want to watch:
All My Sons, a searing investigation of honesty, guilt and the corrupting power of greed, is an undisputed gem in Arthur Miller’s repertoire of work.
Talawa Theatre Company is the UK’s primary black-led touring theatre company. Directed by Michael Buffong, and the cast including Ray Shell and Doña Croll, Talawa Theatre Company continue to create outstanding work.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
Following many reputable theatre collaborations, including Soho Theatre, National Theatre and the Royal Exchange, Talawa celebrate the centenary year of Miller’s birth with this critically acclaimed 2015 tour.
The play runs at the Arts Theatre from February 24-28. Performances are nightly at 7.45pm, with a 2.30pm matinee on Saturday. Tickets, from £15-£30, are available on 01223 503333.