Arthur Miller classic coming to Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Talawa Theatre Company returns to Cambridge Arts Theatre later this month with the critically acclaimed production of All My Sons.
The play is a classic 20th century American drama and one of Arthur Miller’s first successes as a playwright.
It’s 1947, Joe and Katie Keller, an all-American couple, are living with the ghosts of the Second World War.
Joe is successful, a self-made businessman, a loving family man and a pillar of the community. Joe and Kate’s happiness is clouded by one thing – their son is missing in
action, presumed dead by all but his mother.
All My Sons, a searing investigation of honesty, guilt and the corrupting power of greed, is an undisputed gem in Arthur Miller’s repertoire of work.
Talawa Theatre Company is the UK’s primary black-led touring theatre company. Directed by Michael Buffong, and the cast including Ray Shell and Doña Croll, Talawa Theatre Company continue to create outstanding work.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 9 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 10 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
Following many reputable theatre collaborations, including Soho Theatre, National Theatre and the Royal Exchange, Talawa celebrate the centenary year of Miller’s birth with this critically acclaimed 2015 tour.
The play runs at the Arts Theatre from February 24-28. Performances are nightly at 7.45pm, with a 2.30pm matinee on Saturday. Tickets, from £15-£30, are available on 01223 503333.