Aspiring archers invited to pick up a bow at weekend taster
- Credit: Archant
Archery GB is encouraging anyone looking to try out a new sport to pick up a bow at Peacock Archers in Bottisham, Cambridge this weekend.
Over the last four years, 22,000 people have had a go at archery during the event, which is this year sponsored by Foresters Friendly Society.
“Archery is an extremely inclusive sport and welcomes both young and old, men and women,” say organisers.
All equipment will be provided and club members will lend a hand and share stories about how they started in archery.
The taster day takes place on Saturday June 4 from 2pm till 5pm at the club on Lode Road.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.archerygb.org/bigweekend
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home