Aspiring archers invited to pick up a bow at weekend taster
- Credit: Archant
Archery GB is encouraging anyone looking to try out a new sport to pick up a bow at Peacock Archers in Bottisham, Cambridge this weekend.
Over the last four years, 22,000 people have had a go at archery during the event, which is this year sponsored by Foresters Friendly Society.
“Archery is an extremely inclusive sport and welcomes both young and old, men and women,” say organisers.
All equipment will be provided and club members will lend a hand and share stories about how they started in archery.
The taster day takes place on Saturday June 4 from 2pm till 5pm at the club on Lode Road.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.archerygb.org/bigweekend
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s