Aspiring archers invited to pick up a bow at weekend taster
- Credit: Archant
Archery GB is encouraging anyone looking to try out a new sport to pick up a bow at Peacock Archers in Bottisham, Cambridge this weekend.
Over the last four years, 22,000 people have had a go at archery during the event, which is this year sponsored by Foresters Friendly Society.
“Archery is an extremely inclusive sport and welcomes both young and old, men and women,” say organisers.
All equipment will be provided and club members will lend a hand and share stories about how they started in archery.
The taster day takes place on Saturday June 4 from 2pm till 5pm at the club on Lode Road.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.archerygb.org/bigweekend
- 1 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 3 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 4 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 5 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 8 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 9 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens