Aspiring archers invited to pick up a bow at weekend taster
- Credit: Archant
Archery GB is encouraging anyone looking to try out a new sport to pick up a bow at Peacock Archers in Bottisham, Cambridge this weekend.
Over the last four years, 22,000 people have had a go at archery during the event, which is this year sponsored by Foresters Friendly Society.
“Archery is an extremely inclusive sport and welcomes both young and old, men and women,” say organisers.
All equipment will be provided and club members will lend a hand and share stories about how they started in archery.
The taster day takes place on Saturday June 4 from 2pm till 5pm at the club on Lode Road.
For more information visit www.archerygb.org/bigweekend
- 1 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 2 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 3 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 4 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 6 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 7 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 8 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 9 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 10 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives