Atelier East director Karen shows her work in Tel Aviv exhibition
KAREN Harvey, the artistic director of Fenland arts organisation Atelier East, is currently exhibiting some of her work in Tel Aviv, after being invited to create some photographic art for the event.
The exhibition is called “The Lunch Box Project,” and Karen used a memory of working in a March school to inspire her photograph of an empty lunch box.
She said: “Whilst everyone else is rediscovering the joys of their childhood lunch boxes, my image is of an empty tin.
“I once worked in a March school with a wonderful little boy, and I was told that his mum would send him to school with an empty lunch box. He would sit down with his friends at lunch time and open his lunch box, to find it had no lunch in it.
“I thought this was so sad and cruel. A lot of us would wish to find treasure to put in our lunch boxes, and all he would wish for is something to fill his little empty tummy.”
You may also want to watch:
Karen, who set up Atelier East more than six years ago, added: “It was very flattering to be asked to contribute to the exhibition. I have also just written some words for a photography book, so this is a very exciting time for me.”
The exhibition runs until December.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’