Atelier East director Karen shows her work in Tel Aviv exhibition
KAREN Harvey, the artistic director of Fenland arts organisation Atelier East, is currently exhibiting some of her work in Tel Aviv, after being invited to create some photographic art for the event.
The exhibition is called “The Lunch Box Project,” and Karen used a memory of working in a March school to inspire her photograph of an empty lunch box.
She said: “Whilst everyone else is rediscovering the joys of their childhood lunch boxes, my image is of an empty tin.
“I once worked in a March school with a wonderful little boy, and I was told that his mum would send him to school with an empty lunch box. He would sit down with his friends at lunch time and open his lunch box, to find it had no lunch in it.
“I thought this was so sad and cruel. A lot of us would wish to find treasure to put in our lunch boxes, and all he would wish for is something to fill his little empty tummy.”
You may also want to watch:
Karen, who set up Atelier East more than six years ago, added: “It was very flattering to be asked to contribute to the exhibition. I have also just written some words for a photography book, so this is a very exciting time for me.”
The exhibition runs until December.
- 1 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 2 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years