Atelier East’s summer exhibition opens TONIGHT at Wisbech & Fenland Museum with free preview evening
ATELIER East’s seventh annual summer exhibition opens tonight at Wisbech & Fenland Museum - and there’s still chance to attend the special preview evening.
Karen Harvey, artistic director of Atelier East, said: “The event will be a celebration of great art, with work from talented artists across Fenland, the UK and Israel, Nigeria and America.
“Not only will this be a fantastic chance to preview the exhibition before it opens to the public, but there will also be a raffle, wine and nibbles, and live music.”
Live music at tonight’s event will be provided by Neil Cousin, a locally based indie/folk musician who is gaining global recognition for his beautifully composed songs since the launch of his album, Bonfire, last autumn.
Karen, who has curated the exhibition, said: “It’s completely free to attend and everyone has volunteered their time to make the exhibition happen, so we really hope that people will come along and enjoy the art and be inspired to get involved and get creative.”
Atelier East was set up to support and promote the Arts in Fenland and make taking part in arts and cultural projects more accessible for everyone. Its first summer exhibition was held in 2006 at the Angles Theatre.
Karen said: “It’s great to see what can be achieved when people work together and really care about doing something positive, not just for themselves but for other people.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
“We just want people to come and see the art, enjoy the music and have a good time.”
The exhibition runs until September 15. Visitors are invited to vote for the best in show throughout the exhibition.
• The special opening event runs from 7-9pm. If you’d like to attend the event all you need to do is send an RSVP e-mail to email@example.com