Autumn walks at Chippenham Park, near Ely
- Credit: Archant
The magic of Autumn comes to life at Chippenham Park for a day of walks, plant sales and local produce stalls.
The day takes place on Sunday October 13 fro 10-4.
Easily accessible, just off the A11 on the Cambridgeshire-Suffolk border, there is plenty to see, with some spectacular autumn colours in more than 40 acres of formal gardens and 30 acres of parkland trees.
There are also some lovely walks by the lakes, canals and through the ‘Wilderness’, an area of semi-wild planting with some rare and unusual trees and shrubs. For late borders and autumn colours this is a wonderful time of year to see the gardens.
Specially selected and invited exhibitors will be selling plants, from cottage garden perennials, soft fruit bushes, vegetables, seasonal bedding to plants for the cutting garden. Also, there will be stalls selling garden furniture, locally-produced cheese and pies and wild bird food.
You may also want to watch:
The licensed Potting Shed Café in the old kitchen garden will be open all day, selling Chippenham Park’s own home-produced, free range, sausages in rolls, as well as freshly-made cakes and teas
Entry to the gardens is £5 for adults. Children are free.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
For more details and full directions visit the web site www.chippenhamparkgardens.co.uk