Autumn walks at Chippenham Park, near Ely
- Credit: Archant
The magic of Autumn comes to life at Chippenham Park for a day of walks, plant sales and local produce stalls.
The day takes place on Sunday October 13 fro 10-4.
Easily accessible, just off the A11 on the Cambridgeshire-Suffolk border, there is plenty to see, with some spectacular autumn colours in more than 40 acres of formal gardens and 30 acres of parkland trees.
There are also some lovely walks by the lakes, canals and through the ‘Wilderness’, an area of semi-wild planting with some rare and unusual trees and shrubs. For late borders and autumn colours this is a wonderful time of year to see the gardens.
Specially selected and invited exhibitors will be selling plants, from cottage garden perennials, soft fruit bushes, vegetables, seasonal bedding to plants for the cutting garden. Also, there will be stalls selling garden furniture, locally-produced cheese and pies and wild bird food.
You may also want to watch:
The licensed Potting Shed Café in the old kitchen garden will be open all day, selling Chippenham Park’s own home-produced, free range, sausages in rolls, as well as freshly-made cakes and teas
Entry to the gardens is £5 for adults. Children are free.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
For more details and full directions visit the web site www.chippenhamparkgardens.co.uk