Award winning musicians to perform as part of Cambridge Classical Concert Series at Cambridge Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
The Cambridge Classical Concert Series, which will feature a host of award winning musicians, begins next month at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.
The first concert, on Friday, October 17, will feature the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
Fabien Gabel conducts and the soloist is Natasha Paremski who displays her virtuosic skills with Rachmaninov’s Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini.
The concert opens with Schumann’s Manfred Overture and concludes with Brahms’ Symphony No. 2.
There will also be performances of short new compositions, composed by music students from Cambridge, the culmination of a music education project between the Corn Exchange, Cambridgeshire Music and RPO resound, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra’s education wing.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets: adults £28.50, students and under-16s £12.50, groups of 20 or more £17.50.
On Tuesday, October 28, award-winning pianist Freddy Kempf will make his first appearance as Artist in Residence at the Corn Exchange.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 5 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 6 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 7 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 10 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
For this recital, Freddy will play a selection of his favourite sonatas, including Beethoven’s Sonata No. 27, Schubert’s Sonata and Tchaikovsky’s Grand Sonata.
Tickets: adults £20.50 and £24.50, student/under-16s tickets £12.50 and a 25 per cent discount available to full orchestral series subscribers.
To find out more or to book for any of these concerts, call Cambridge Corn Exchange Box Office on 01223 357851, go to www.cornex.co.uk or go to the Box Office in Wheeler Street, Cambridge.