Babylon reaches final of ‘best arts gallery’ award
- Credit: Babylon Arts
A gallery in East Cambridgeshire has been selected as a finalist in the Muddy Stilettos 2021 Awards for ‘Best Arts Gallery’ in Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
The Babylon Gallery, which runs along Ely’s riverside, has reached the final stage, and the team are now asking for local support.
Chief executive Claire Somerville said: “We’re delighted to have made it to the final five in the ‘Best Art Gallery’ category.
“We’ve worked so hard in the last 18 months to rise to the challenges presented by Covid and showcase really exciting exhibitions.
“Even when closed, we turned our windows into exhibition spaces and involved hundreds of people in creative projects.
You may also want to watch:
“In the last month, we’ve showcased national and international artists in our young curator's exhibition: I Matter, and I’m thrilled that we’re in the final along with other great galleries in the region.”
Supporters can vote for the Babylon Gallery by visiting the Muddy Stilettos website by 5pm on Friday 23rd July: https://suffolkcambs.muddystilettos.co.uk/vote/
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement