Babylon reaches final of ‘best arts gallery’ award
- Credit: Babylon Arts
A gallery in East Cambridgeshire has been selected as a finalist in the Muddy Stilettos 2021 Awards for ‘Best Arts Gallery’ in Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
The Babylon Gallery, which runs along Ely’s riverside, has reached the final stage, and the team are now asking for local support.
Chief executive Claire Somerville said: “We’re delighted to have made it to the final five in the ‘Best Art Gallery’ category.
“We’ve worked so hard in the last 18 months to rise to the challenges presented by Covid and showcase really exciting exhibitions.
“Even when closed, we turned our windows into exhibition spaces and involved hundreds of people in creative projects.
“In the last month, we’ve showcased national and international artists in our young curator's exhibition: I Matter, and I’m thrilled that we’re in the final along with other great galleries in the region.”
Supporters can vote for the Babylon Gallery by visiting the Muddy Stilettos website by 5pm on Friday 23rd July: https://suffolkcambs.muddystilettos.co.uk/vote/
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 3 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues