Big band picnic at Emneth
- Credit: Archant
A big band picnic takes place in Emneth with the Downham Market Swing Orchestra.
Reverend Dawn Mason opens the gardens at Emneth vicarage for the fourth year running at this fund-raising event on Sunday July 19.
Downham Market Swing Orchestra plays original arrangements by Cy Payne, and guests are invited to bring their own picnic. Tea and coffee will be available on site.
Gates open at the vicarage in Church Road, Emneth at 6pm, with music from 7 to 9.
Entry is £8, but under-11’s get in free. Proceeds go to the churches of Elm, Emneth and Friday Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Advance tickets are available from Pat Lake on 01945 773413, Mary Green on 01945 464823 or Joan Denehy on 01945 860753.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit