Big band picnic at Emneth
- Credit: Archant
A big band picnic takes place in Emneth with the Downham Market Swing Orchestra.
Reverend Dawn Mason opens the gardens at Emneth vicarage for the fourth year running at this fund-raising event on Sunday July 19.
Downham Market Swing Orchestra plays original arrangements by Cy Payne, and guests are invited to bring their own picnic. Tea and coffee will be available on site.
Gates open at the vicarage in Church Road, Emneth at 6pm, with music from 7 to 9.
Entry is £8, but under-11’s get in free. Proceeds go to the churches of Elm, Emneth and Friday Bridge.
You may also want to watch:
Advance tickets are available from Pat Lake on 01945 773413, Mary Green on 01945 464823 or Joan Denehy on 01945 860753.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled