Big band swing comes to Wisbech St Mary
- Credit: Archant
The sounds of big band swing music comes to the Fens when a night of musical perfection comes to Wisbech St Mary village hall.
An amateur swing orchestra under the direction of a top BBC musical director will bring back the lush sounds of the 1940s era at the performance on Saturday March 28.
Downham Market Swing Band was formed by renowned musical director Cy Payne, who worked with many famous artists including Shirley Bassey, Sir Elton John and Julio Iglesias with a show that is set to delight audiences with a hot of lush 40s sounds, including Glenn Miller swing tunes
Mr Payne’s career spanned 60 years as a musical director, composer and arranger in television, radio films, records and live theatre.
As well as working wit the BBC and major names in the music industry he had considerable involvement with military bands since 1965, arranging for Trooping the Colour, The Royal Tournament, Royal weddings.
You may also want to watch:
Most of the major military bands have Cy Payne arrangements in their libraries. He was also commissioned to compose new Regimental marches.
The music starts at 8pm.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 6 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
Tickets are available at £7.50 from the Centre or 0845 2255566 or firstname.lastname@example.org There is a bar and the evening is for just listening or to dance to some great favourites.