Boxing stars Dave ‘Boy’ Green and Tommy Martin pack a punch in video for Fenland rockers Phoenix Calling
- Credit: Archant
Fenland rockers Phoenix Calling have released their latest single and video which features local boxing legend Dave ‘Boy’ Green and St Neots based Tommy Martin - who fights for the Commonwealth title at the end of this week.
The band’s video will be widely shown on music TV channels including Kerrang! TV and Martin’s fight will be screened live on Sky Sports.
The single, ‘Hold On To Glory,’ has already received massive airplay around the globe and is from the highly acclaimed debut album ‘Forget Your Ghosts.’
Phoenix Calling, who are comprised of members from Chatteris, Whittlesey, Ramsey and St. Neots, were signed to The Fort record label just over a year ago and have had a phenomenal twelve months.
They released their debut album and had a number of sell-out gigs for the launch tour, including at the O2 Academy in Birmingham.
You may also want to watch:
All three previous singles received worldwide airplay and the videos were all playlisted on Kerrang! and Scuzz TV. They supported Young Guns and Nothing But Thieves, played numerous music festivals and gigs and even squeezed in a tour of Poland.
Asked about the new release, Dom Greenwood, guitarist and songwriter, said, “This is a really special video for us -we were absolutely delighted that Dave ‘Boy’ Green and Tommy Martin were so enthusiastic about being involved. Dave is a local sporting icon and an incredibly genuine guy. Tommy was awesome to see in training and we’d like to wish him all the best for his title fight on Saturday.”
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
Jon Hewitt, Director of Crescendo Music Services, is delighted with the progress made in 2015. “We saw the potential of Phoenix Calling and they haven’t disappointed. We’ve made great strides in the past year and the band is working as hard as ever. It’s great to work with such a dedicated and talented bunch of lads – they have been busy in the studio and their new material is sounding incredible.”
The second album is scheduled for release in the autumn.