Brush up on your skills with community classes at the Oasis Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Adult classes ranging from English speaking to crafts are about to start at the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech.
English Speaking classes start on Wednesday September 17 from 9.30am -11.30am which is being run by the WEA and is free.
A new Craft group which starts on Thursday September 18 from 9.30am – 11.30am. It runs for 11 weeks with a £2 charge to cover materials.
To brush up on your written English and maths for free the Oasis centre is working with Cambridgeshire County Council to run a community café to learn a skill which can be put onto a CV.
These start on Monday September 22 at 10am.
There is also a reading for fun group and a textile group session running in the afternoon from 1pm on Mondays. There is a small fee chargeable for these two sessions.
There are free one to one sessions for people who cannot read. For more information contact reception on 01945 461526.
- 1 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 2 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
All courses take place at The Oasis Community & Children’s Centre, St Michaels Avenue, Wisbech.