Brush up on your skills with community classes at the Oasis Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Adult classes ranging from English speaking to crafts are about to start at the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech.
English Speaking classes start on Wednesday September 17 from 9.30am -11.30am which is being run by the WEA and is free.
A new Craft group which starts on Thursday September 18 from 9.30am – 11.30am. It runs for 11 weeks with a £2 charge to cover materials.
To brush up on your written English and maths for free the Oasis centre is working with Cambridgeshire County Council to run a community café to learn a skill which can be put onto a CV.
These start on Monday September 22 at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a reading for fun group and a textile group session running in the afternoon from 1pm on Mondays. There is a small fee chargeable for these two sessions.
There are free one to one sessions for people who cannot read. For more information contact reception on 01945 461526.
- 1 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 2 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 5 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 6 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 7 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 8 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
All courses take place at The Oasis Community & Children’s Centre, St Michaels Avenue, Wisbech.