Brush up on your skills with community classes at the Oasis Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Adult classes ranging from English speaking to crafts are about to start at the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech.
English Speaking classes start on Wednesday September 17 from 9.30am -11.30am which is being run by the WEA and is free.
A new Craft group which starts on Thursday September 18 from 9.30am – 11.30am. It runs for 11 weeks with a £2 charge to cover materials.
To brush up on your written English and maths for free the Oasis centre is working with Cambridgeshire County Council to run a community café to learn a skill which can be put onto a CV.
These start on Monday September 22 at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a reading for fun group and a textile group session running in the afternoon from 1pm on Mondays. There is a small fee chargeable for these two sessions.
There are free one to one sessions for people who cannot read. For more information contact reception on 01945 461526.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 10 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
All courses take place at The Oasis Community & Children’s Centre, St Michaels Avenue, Wisbech.