Brush up on your skills with community classes at the Oasis Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Adult classes ranging from English speaking to crafts are about to start at the Oasis Community Centre in Wisbech.
English Speaking classes start on Wednesday September 17 from 9.30am -11.30am which is being run by the WEA and is free.
A new Craft group which starts on Thursday September 18 from 9.30am – 11.30am. It runs for 11 weeks with a £2 charge to cover materials.
To brush up on your written English and maths for free the Oasis centre is working with Cambridgeshire County Council to run a community café to learn a skill which can be put onto a CV.
These start on Monday September 22 at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a reading for fun group and a textile group session running in the afternoon from 1pm on Mondays. There is a small fee chargeable for these two sessions.
There are free one to one sessions for people who cannot read. For more information contact reception on 01945 461526.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
All courses take place at The Oasis Community & Children’s Centre, St Michaels Avenue, Wisbech.