Buddy Holly coming to Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
A production celebrating the life of Buddy Holly is coming to Peterborough in April.
Buddy Holly - A Legend Reborn will see the UK’s number one Buddy Holly tribute act, Marc Robinson, perform classic hits such as Peggy Sue, That’ll be the Day and Oh Boy at the Cresset Theatre on Friday, April 4.
The former winner of the ITV’s Stars in Their Eyes TV show will be backed by a band reminiscent of the Crickets in their Fifties heyday as he performs more than 30 of Buddy’s hits.
This year marks the 55th anniversary of Buddy Holly’s death in an aeroplane crash along with Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopper.
Marc Robinson said: “Altogether Buddy recorded 109 songs. Obviously, the best-known songs like Heartbeat, Peggy Sue, Oh Boy and That’ll Be The Day enjoy a warm reception, but we’ve been surprised by the depth of knowledge of our audiences.”
You may also want to watch:
Show producer Michael Taylor said: “The show is a theatrical treat whether you are fanatical about Buddy Holly or simply want to enjoy a night of hit-packed music performed by superbly-talented musicians.”
The show begins at 7.30pm. Tickets are £20 and are available from the box office at 01733 265705, cresset.co.uk or easytheatres.com
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Council buys up 1,000 sandbags ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land