Burghley House holding Battle Proms picnic concert celebrating best of Britain
- Credit: Archant
Tickets for the Burghley House proms picnic concert are selling fast.
On Saturday, July 4, the picturesque building will provide the backdrop for an evening of classical music and dramatic displays.
This year’s proms have a battle theme. It takes its historical inspiration from the Napoleonic wars, which came to an end 200 years ago at the Battle of Waterloo.
There will also be a Battle of Britain evening gun salute, as the gunners herald the arrival of the Grace Spitfire with a volley of shots from a vintage 13 Pounder field gun.
Tickets are available from www.battleproms.com or by calling 01432 355 416.
You may also want to watch:
Adult tickets are £33 (with bookings of 10 or more enjoying a £2 per ticket discount). Prices will go up from May 1.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless