Cambridge Arts Theatre to host The Original Theatre Company’s production of Three Men in a Boat
- Credit: Archant
Jerome K Jerome’s quintessentially British comedy Three Men in a Boat comes to Cambridge Arts Theatre later this month.
In an attempt to escape the stresses of city life, friends J, Harris and George, accompanied by their faithful canine companion Montmorency, decide to take to the river in order to relax and rejuvenate.
The holiday, however, quickly unravels and descends into chaos.
Originally intended as a guide to boating on the Thames, Jerome’s ripping yarn of youthful friendship, mischief and folly comes complete with a working pub, live piano accompaniment, some ale, music hall singing, a dog and a feast of physical comedy.
The production is brought to the stage by The Original Theatre Company.
You may also want to watch:
Artistic director Alastair Whatley said “Jerome K Jerome has been accused of writing the funniest book of all time. Now, more than 125 years later, it still has the power to make people laugh uncontrollably in public places.”
The cast includes Michael Rouse as George, Tom Hackney as Harris, David Partridge as J and Anna Westlake as Nelly.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 3 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 4 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 5 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
Performances are held from January 21-24 at 7.45pm each day. Matinees are also held next Thursday and on January 24, at 2.30pm.
Ticket prices range from £15-£25. To purchase, contact the box office on 01223 503333.