Cambridge Arts Theatre to host The Original Theatre Company’s production of Three Men in a Boat
- Credit: Archant
Jerome K Jerome’s quintessentially British comedy Three Men in a Boat comes to Cambridge Arts Theatre later this month.
In an attempt to escape the stresses of city life, friends J, Harris and George, accompanied by their faithful canine companion Montmorency, decide to take to the river in order to relax and rejuvenate.
The holiday, however, quickly unravels and descends into chaos.
Originally intended as a guide to boating on the Thames, Jerome’s ripping yarn of youthful friendship, mischief and folly comes complete with a working pub, live piano accompaniment, some ale, music hall singing, a dog and a feast of physical comedy.
The production is brought to the stage by The Original Theatre Company.
You may also want to watch:
Artistic director Alastair Whatley said “Jerome K Jerome has been accused of writing the funniest book of all time. Now, more than 125 years later, it still has the power to make people laugh uncontrollably in public places.”
The cast includes Michael Rouse as George, Tom Hackney as Harris, David Partridge as J and Anna Westlake as Nelly.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
Performances are held from January 21-24 at 7.45pm each day. Matinees are also held next Thursday and on January 24, at 2.30pm.
Ticket prices range from £15-£25. To purchase, contact the box office on 01223 503333.