Cambridge Folk Festival announces first acts for 2015
- Credit: Archant
The first names have been revealed for this year’s Cambridge Folk Festival, one of the longest established folk festivals in the world.
An eclectic range of performances will include: legendary folk singer and activist Joan Baez, international chart-topper Passenger, and singer/songwriter Frank Turner.
Also appearing will be Joan Armatrading Australian roots band John Butler Trio; Mercury Prize nominated Nick Mulvey, Wilko Johnson, and irresistible entertainment juggernaut The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, among many others.
Having started life in 1965, the 14,000 capacity festival draws acclaim for its combination of internationally renowned headline artists and support for up and coming young performers and continues to enjoy sell-out crowds year on year.
Popular for its unique parkland setting, great facilities and family friendliness, the Festival offers something for everyone with four covered stages, street theatre, music workshops and sessions, raucous ceilidhs, open stages, a youth area, internet café, kids’ ceilidh, storytelling, free creche, paddling pool and playground, real ale bars.
You may also want to watch:
In 2014 Cambridge Folk Festival won the highest possible environmental honour at the Greener Festival Awards, becoming one of only nine festivals worldwide and one of only two in the UK to achieve the outstanding category.
The festival takes place from July 30 to August 2 at Cherry Hinton Hall.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
Tickets are available from 01223 357851 or www.cambridgefolkfestival.co.uk