Cambridgeshire snappers wanted: BBC presenters to judge photography competition
TWO stars of BBC gardening programmes will judge entrants for a garden centre’s first photography competition.
Christine Helen Walkden - star of BBC’s Christine’s Garden and regular of The One Show - and Gardener’s World presenter and Sun gardening correspondent Peter Seabrook will judge Notcutts Garden Centre’s contest.
The competition is open to two age groups - adults and under-18s. It is hoped that amateur photographers and gardeners alike across Cambridgeshire will submit their photos which capture the ‘Magic of Gardening’.
Andy King, Notcutts’ chief executive officer, said: “Every day at Notcutts we receive feedback from our customers telling us what an inspiring place their garden can be; their own little unique piece of paradise.
“With this competition we want to capture those awe inspiringly beautiful moments; a butterfly landing on lavender, a Floribunda rose coming into bloom, or a spectacular urban space.
You may also want to watch:
“A picture can be so evocative, taking people right to that place and time, and we are very keen for amateur photographers of all ages and gardening ability to get out there and show us what they have got.”
Nineteen regional winners will be selected in each category, each receiving �50 worth of Notcutts plants or for children �25 worth of Notcutts vouchers which can be spent at the centre’s store in High Street, Horningsea, in Cambridge.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 7 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
The overall winning photographer in the adult category will receive a top of the range digital SLR camera and �500 worth of Notcutts products.
The lucky winner of the under-18 category will win a compact digital camera.
Entrants can visit www.notcutts.co.uk to upload their images before the August 12 deadline.