Cambridgeshire to stage open auditions for next series of BBC Mastermind
OPEN auditions for the next series of renowned BBC quiz show Mastermind come to Cambridgeshire next month.
A production team from the BBC will be in Cambridge on Tuesday March 15 and Wednesday March 16 at The Pitt Building, in Trumpington Street.
Would-be contestants can drop in for an informal chat about potential specialist subjects and a quick general knowledge test.
There is no money for the victor, but the kudos of being recognised as the UK’s Mastermind – that and the Caithness Glass Trophy.
A BBC spokesman said: “Last year we held open auditions in Cambridge to great success with several auditionees going on to appear on the main televised series.
“Contrary to popular belief the Mastermind team is not looking for experts, it wants people who are prepared to become experts in the subjects that they love.
“So whether your passion is Florence and The Machine or Florence Nightingale, Michelangelo or Michael Jackson, maybe you should think about applying - the list really is as long and as varied as the interests of the British public.
- 1 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 4 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 7 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 10 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
“So, we invite the people of Cambridge to step into the spotlight accompanied by the unmistakable strains of the programme’s music, Approaching Menace. The black leather chair is waiting.”
• Auditions take place on March 15 from 2-6pm and on March 16 from 9am-5pm. For more information and to book a slot, contact 0161 244 3371 or e-mail email@example.com
Applicants must be aged 18 or over.