Cambridgeshire to stage open auditions for next series of BBC Mastermind
OPEN auditions for the next series of renowned BBC quiz show Mastermind come to Cambridgeshire next month.
A production team from the BBC will be in Cambridge on Tuesday March 15 and Wednesday March 16 at The Pitt Building, in Trumpington Street.
Would-be contestants can drop in for an informal chat about potential specialist subjects and a quick general knowledge test.
There is no money for the victor, but the kudos of being recognised as the UK’s Mastermind – that and the Caithness Glass Trophy.
A BBC spokesman said: “Last year we held open auditions in Cambridge to great success with several auditionees going on to appear on the main televised series.
“Contrary to popular belief the Mastermind team is not looking for experts, it wants people who are prepared to become experts in the subjects that they love.
“So whether your passion is Florence and The Machine or Florence Nightingale, Michelangelo or Michael Jackson, maybe you should think about applying - the list really is as long and as varied as the interests of the British public.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 7 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 10 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
“So, we invite the people of Cambridge to step into the spotlight accompanied by the unmistakable strains of the programme’s music, Approaching Menace. The black leather chair is waiting.”
• Auditions take place on March 15 from 2-6pm and on March 16 from 9am-5pm. For more information and to book a slot, contact 0161 244 3371 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be aged 18 or over.