Cambridgeshire to stage open auditions for next series of BBC Mastermind
OPEN auditions for the next series of renowned BBC quiz show Mastermind come to Cambridgeshire next month.
A production team from the BBC will be in Cambridge on Tuesday March 15 and Wednesday March 16 at The Pitt Building, in Trumpington Street.
Would-be contestants can drop in for an informal chat about potential specialist subjects and a quick general knowledge test.
There is no money for the victor, but the kudos of being recognised as the UK’s Mastermind – that and the Caithness Glass Trophy.
A BBC spokesman said: “Last year we held open auditions in Cambridge to great success with several auditionees going on to appear on the main televised series.
You may also want to watch:
“Contrary to popular belief the Mastermind team is not looking for experts, it wants people who are prepared to become experts in the subjects that they love.
“So whether your passion is Florence and The Machine or Florence Nightingale, Michelangelo or Michael Jackson, maybe you should think about applying - the list really is as long and as varied as the interests of the British public.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 5 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 6 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
“So, we invite the people of Cambridge to step into the spotlight accompanied by the unmistakable strains of the programme’s music, Approaching Menace. The black leather chair is waiting.”
• Auditions take place on March 15 from 2-6pm and on March 16 from 9am-5pm. For more information and to book a slot, contact 0161 244 3371 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be aged 18 or over.