Ceilidh band The Rusty Relics to help raise money for FACET and Mencap
- Credit: Archant
FENLAND based ceilidh band The Rusty Relics will play at a charity country music evening organised by FACET and the Fenland branch of Cambridgeshire Mencap.
The fun event takes place at the FACET Marwick Centre in March on Saturday June 22, starting at 7pm, and there will be refreshments available and a raffle, as well as plenty of dancing.
Proceeds will be shared between FACET and Mencap, and the charities are appealing for support from the community with the provision of food and cash to help provide catering and raffle prizes.
Linda Ingram from FACET said: “We need local retailers to donated either food, vouchers for food, soft drinks and raffle prizes. Any help on the evening would also be appreciated.” Offers of help can be made to FACET on 01354 655080.
Tickets for the music event are available until June 19 at £5 each (£2 for paid care staff) from either FACET on 01354 655080 or Cambridgeshire Mencap on 01354 651166.
You may also want to watch:
* Both charities support young people and adults with learning disabilities, including access to community activities and training, arts based activities, and providing support to match personal needs..
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 7 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 8 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash