Celebrate the wonders of the world at Wisbech Rose Fair parade
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 20 decorated floats will take to the streets of Wisbech for the 50th anniversary Rose Fair parade on Saturday, July 6, bringing a carnival atmosphere to the town.
The parade will be led by Rose Queen Yazmin Holmes and float entrants include schools, clubs and organisations helping to raise money for local charities.
Wisbech Round Table organises the parade. Chairman Simon Johnson said: “In keeping with tradition, there will be two parades, at 11am and 2pm.
“The parade is a unique event that Wisbech Round Table is extremely proud to organise. It brings a carnival atmosphere to our town and captures the true spirit of people coming together from different organisations and walks of life.
“People travel from various parts of the country to attend and see the large number of wonderfully decorated floats, bands and vehicles that are entered each year.”
You may also want to watch:
The theme for this year’s parade is Wonders of the World. Round Table collectors will carry charity buckets alongside the floats, with money raised donated to local causes.
Mr Johnson thanked fellow Tablers for organising the parades, especially Charlie Newby, chairman of the Rose Fair Committee, along wtih sponsors, transport firms that provide lorries, entrants to the Rose Queen competition, Fenland District Council, float entrants and the public.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
Supporters include Wheelers Accountants, Elgood’s, Nestle Purina, Robert Davis Potatoes, SB Components (International), The Chameleon, Metcalfe Copeman & Pettefar, Anglia Components, English Brothers, Priden Engineering, HL Hutchinson, Fenton Insurance Solutions, Alfred Harrold (Containers), Moore Thompson, Brown & Co, Kett Autopaints, Malcolm Starr, Bulley Davey, Peter Humphrey Associates, Drake Towage, Foster Property Maintenance, Supercrete Groundworks, Gathercoles Taxis, Wisbech Grammar School, Harnwell Electrical, L&H Fruits, Norwich & Peterborough Building Society and Premier Choice.
n A park and ride bus service will operate between Elm High Road and Church Terrace on the Saturday. For full details, visit our website.