Celebrated horn soloist to perform at Peterborough Symphony Orchestra’s Summer Concert
- Credit: Archant
A HORN soloist who has captivated audiences around the world will perform at the City of Peterborough Symphony Orchestra’s Summer Concert.
Nick Wolmark, who has played with Belgian, Chinese, Mexican and Norwegian orchestras, will perform Richard Strauss’s energetic Horn Concerto Number One at The Voyager Academy, Walton, on Saturday June 15 (7.30pm-9.30pm).
The summer concert programme also includes Benjamin Britten’s Simple Symphony, Mozart’s Overture to The Marriage of Figaro and Beethoven’s seventh Symphony, part of which was background music to the film King’s Speech.
Steve Bingham, who also conducts the Ely Sinfonia, will be the guest conductor.
Tickets are priced at £12.50 and £10.50 (concessions), with schoolchildren free.
You may also want to watch:
They are available from the Peterborough Tourist Information Centre in Bridge Street (01773 452336) and from www.cpso.org.uk
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide