Celebrated horn soloist to perform at Peterborough Symphony Orchestra’s Summer Concert
- Credit: Archant
A HORN soloist who has captivated audiences around the world will perform at the City of Peterborough Symphony Orchestra’s Summer Concert.
Nick Wolmark, who has played with Belgian, Chinese, Mexican and Norwegian orchestras, will perform Richard Strauss’s energetic Horn Concerto Number One at The Voyager Academy, Walton, on Saturday June 15 (7.30pm-9.30pm).
The summer concert programme also includes Benjamin Britten’s Simple Symphony, Mozart’s Overture to The Marriage of Figaro and Beethoven’s seventh Symphony, part of which was background music to the film King’s Speech.
Steve Bingham, who also conducts the Ely Sinfonia, will be the guest conductor.
Tickets are priced at £12.50 and £10.50 (concessions), with schoolchildren free.
You may also want to watch:
They are available from the Peterborough Tourist Information Centre in Bridge Street (01773 452336) and from www.cpso.org.uk
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 3 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit