Celebrated horn soloist to perform at Peterborough Symphony Orchestra’s Summer Concert
- Credit: Archant
A HORN soloist who has captivated audiences around the world will perform at the City of Peterborough Symphony Orchestra’s Summer Concert.
Nick Wolmark, who has played with Belgian, Chinese, Mexican and Norwegian orchestras, will perform Richard Strauss’s energetic Horn Concerto Number One at The Voyager Academy, Walton, on Saturday June 15 (7.30pm-9.30pm).
The summer concert programme also includes Benjamin Britten’s Simple Symphony, Mozart’s Overture to The Marriage of Figaro and Beethoven’s seventh Symphony, part of which was background music to the film King’s Speech.
Steve Bingham, who also conducts the Ely Sinfonia, will be the guest conductor.
Tickets are priced at £12.50 and £10.50 (concessions), with schoolchildren free.
They are available from the Peterborough Tourist Information Centre in Bridge Street (01773 452336) and from www.cpso.org.uk
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 9 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 10 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge