Celebrated horn soloist to perform at Peterborough Symphony Orchestra’s Summer Concert
- Credit: Archant
A HORN soloist who has captivated audiences around the world will perform at the City of Peterborough Symphony Orchestra’s Summer Concert.
Nick Wolmark, who has played with Belgian, Chinese, Mexican and Norwegian orchestras, will perform Richard Strauss’s energetic Horn Concerto Number One at The Voyager Academy, Walton, on Saturday June 15 (7.30pm-9.30pm).
The summer concert programme also includes Benjamin Britten’s Simple Symphony, Mozart’s Overture to The Marriage of Figaro and Beethoven’s seventh Symphony, part of which was background music to the film King’s Speech.
Steve Bingham, who also conducts the Ely Sinfonia, will be the guest conductor.
Tickets are priced at £12.50 and £10.50 (concessions), with schoolchildren free.
You may also want to watch:
They are available from the Peterborough Tourist Information Centre in Bridge Street (01773 452336) and from www.cpso.org.uk
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 3 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 7 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 8 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain