Chance to be crowned most talented act in the area as Fenland Has Talent 2011 launched
IT’S time for the area’s most talented stars to step-up and show case their skills as the search for this year’s Fenland Has Talent winner begins.
We’re encouraging all performers - whether established or up-and-coming - to get involved and stake their claim to be crowned Fenland’s most talented act of 2011.
Whether your talent is singing, dancing, acting, juggling, playing instruments - or any other performing skill - we want the public to see just how gifted you are.
And in true X-Factor and Britain’s Got Talent style the best acts will appear in front of a panel of judges at our glitzy final on Thursday June 9 at the March Braza.
Judges already confirmed to appear already include last year’s winner Luci Collins, John Elworthy editor of the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard and the competition’s sponsor, Danny Boome, the owner of Boome hairdressers in Whittlesey.
You may also want to watch:
BBC Radio Cambridgeshire star Johnny Dee will be hosting the event, set to kick-off the March Summer Festival in style. It promises to be a spectacular evening of talented stars of all ages from across Fenland.
The winning act will receive �100 cash, a replica of the Patsy Brewin Trophy to keep, a place in the summer festival parade on Saturday and a photo shoot with our photographer Brian Purdy.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
If that isn’t enough we also promise to follow the winner throughout the next 12 months as the winner’s media partner to help boost their profile.
The competition is being backed by Fenland Arts and the March Town Summer Festival committee. All proceeds from the final will go back into Fenland Arts’ fund which will be made available by way of grants to performing artists in the future.
Full details later but please contact us for an entry form by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put TALENT in the subject heading.
*If you want to enter a float into the parade please call Reg Kemp on 01354 657341 or email email@example.com or Clive Lemmon at the town hall on 01354 653709 email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Visit the summer festival at: www.marchsummerfestival.co.uk