Chance to be crowned most talented act in the area as Fenland Has Talent 2011 launched
IT’S time for the area’s most talented stars to step-up and show case their skills as the search for this year’s Fenland Has Talent winner begins.
We’re encouraging all performers - whether established or up-and-coming - to get involved and stake their claim to be crowned Fenland’s most talented act of 2011.
Whether your talent is singing, dancing, acting, juggling, playing instruments - or any other performing skill - we want the public to see just how gifted you are.
And in true X-Factor and Britain’s Got Talent style the best acts will appear in front of a panel of judges at our glitzy final on Thursday June 9 at the March Braza.
Judges already confirmed to appear already include last year’s winner Luci Collins, John Elworthy editor of the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard and the competition’s sponsor, Danny Boome, the owner of Boome hairdressers in Whittlesey.
You may also want to watch:
BBC Radio Cambridgeshire star Johnny Dee will be hosting the event, set to kick-off the March Summer Festival in style. It promises to be a spectacular evening of talented stars of all ages from across Fenland.
The winning act will receive �100 cash, a replica of the Patsy Brewin Trophy to keep, a place in the summer festival parade on Saturday and a photo shoot with our photographer Brian Purdy.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 10 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
If that isn’t enough we also promise to follow the winner throughout the next 12 months as the winner’s media partner to help boost their profile.
The competition is being backed by Fenland Arts and the March Town Summer Festival committee. All proceeds from the final will go back into Fenland Arts’ fund which will be made available by way of grants to performing artists in the future.
Full details later but please contact us for an entry form by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put TALENT in the subject heading.
*If you want to enter a float into the parade please call Reg Kemp on 01354 657341 or email email@example.com or Clive Lemmon at the town hall on 01354 653709 email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Visit the summer festival at: www.marchsummerfestival.co.uk