Chance to be crowned most talented act in the area as Fenland Has Talent 2011 launched
IT’S time for the area’s most talented stars to step-up and show case their skills as the search for this year’s Fenland Has Talent winner begins.
We’re encouraging all performers - whether established or up-and-coming - to get involved and stake their claim to be crowned Fenland’s most talented act of 2011.
Whether your talent is singing, dancing, acting, juggling, playing instruments - or any other performing skill - we want the public to see just how gifted you are.
And in true X-Factor and Britain’s Got Talent style the best acts will appear in front of a panel of judges at our glitzy final on Thursday June 9 at the March Braza.
Judges already confirmed to appear already include last year’s winner Luci Collins, John Elworthy editor of the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard and the competition’s sponsor, Danny Boome, the owner of Boome hairdressers in Whittlesey.
BBC Radio Cambridgeshire star Johnny Dee will be hosting the event, set to kick-off the March Summer Festival in style. It promises to be a spectacular evening of talented stars of all ages from across Fenland.
The winning act will receive �100 cash, a replica of the Patsy Brewin Trophy to keep, a place in the summer festival parade on Saturday and a photo shoot with our photographer Brian Purdy.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
If that isn’t enough we also promise to follow the winner throughout the next 12 months as the winner’s media partner to help boost their profile.
The competition is being backed by Fenland Arts and the March Town Summer Festival committee. All proceeds from the final will go back into Fenland Arts’ fund which will be made available by way of grants to performing artists in the future.
Full details later but please contact us for an entry form by writing to: email@example.com and put TALENT in the subject heading.
*If you want to enter a float into the parade please call Reg Kemp on 01354 657341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Clive Lemmon at the town hall on 01354 653709 email email@example.com.
*Visit the summer festival at: www.marchsummerfestival.co.uk