Chatteris author Richard Savage ponders the nature of beauty in new book
- Credit: Archant
A CHATTERIS author and artist is releasing his first non-fiction book.
Richard Savage’s book “Beauty in Every Form” aims to answer the complex question ‘What is beauty?’
Contributors include photographers, artists, poets, academics, publishers, students, health workers, writers, models and dancers.
He has spoken to people from alternative life styles and people who have disfigurements and disabilities.
He said: “It is my belief that beauty is all around us every day, in the faces and bodies of both young and old. “I believe it transcends cultures, religions, ethnicity and social status.
You may also want to watch:
“This book is comprised of the collective thoughts of more than sixty contributors exploring the subject.
Some are funny, some serious and some will move you deeply.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
I hope this book will be a celebration of the human form in all its wondrous shapes and sizes, a myriad of unique diversity and fascinating individuality.
“I hope you will enjoy this book and I hope it will make you think about the nature of beauty.”
Mr Savage is holding the book launch in the Skoulding Suite at March Town Hall on Wednesday from 7pm.
This is an open event and a number of the contributors to the book will also be attending.
There will be signed copies of the book available and an exhibition of artwork from the book will be on display. It is available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and a number of online outlets.