Chatteris author Richard Savage ponders the nature of beauty in new book
- Credit: Archant
A CHATTERIS author and artist is releasing his first non-fiction book.
Richard Savage’s book “Beauty in Every Form” aims to answer the complex question ‘What is beauty?’
Contributors include photographers, artists, poets, academics, publishers, students, health workers, writers, models and dancers.
He has spoken to people from alternative life styles and people who have disfigurements and disabilities.
He said: “It is my belief that beauty is all around us every day, in the faces and bodies of both young and old. “I believe it transcends cultures, religions, ethnicity and social status.
You may also want to watch:
“This book is comprised of the collective thoughts of more than sixty contributors exploring the subject.
Some are funny, some serious and some will move you deeply.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
I hope this book will be a celebration of the human form in all its wondrous shapes and sizes, a myriad of unique diversity and fascinating individuality.
“I hope you will enjoy this book and I hope it will make you think about the nature of beauty.”
Mr Savage is holding the book launch in the Skoulding Suite at March Town Hall on Wednesday from 7pm.
This is an open event and a number of the contributors to the book will also be attending.
There will be signed copies of the book available and an exhibition of artwork from the book will be on display. It is available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and a number of online outlets.