Chatteris author Richard Savage ponders the nature of beauty in new book
- Credit: Archant
A CHATTERIS author and artist is releasing his first non-fiction book.
Richard Savage’s book “Beauty in Every Form” aims to answer the complex question ‘What is beauty?’
Contributors include photographers, artists, poets, academics, publishers, students, health workers, writers, models and dancers.
He has spoken to people from alternative life styles and people who have disfigurements and disabilities.
He said: “It is my belief that beauty is all around us every day, in the faces and bodies of both young and old. “I believe it transcends cultures, religions, ethnicity and social status.
You may also want to watch:
“This book is comprised of the collective thoughts of more than sixty contributors exploring the subject.
Some are funny, some serious and some will move you deeply.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
I hope this book will be a celebration of the human form in all its wondrous shapes and sizes, a myriad of unique diversity and fascinating individuality.
“I hope you will enjoy this book and I hope it will make you think about the nature of beauty.”
Mr Savage is holding the book launch in the Skoulding Suite at March Town Hall on Wednesday from 7pm.
This is an open event and a number of the contributors to the book will also be attending.
There will be signed copies of the book available and an exhibition of artwork from the book will be on display. It is available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and a number of online outlets.