Chatteris Christmas Lights to celebrate 30 years with sparkling switch-on event
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris will celebrate 30 years of its Christmas Lights later this month with a special sparkling switch-on event to mark the anniversary.
The town will be lit up for all to see on Saturday November 28 thanks to hours of hard work from the volunteer-run Lights Committee.
Established in 1985, Chatteris Christmas Lights are recognised as one of the best displays in the area and the scheme is acknowledged as an annual diary date for people from miles around.
Attracting hundreds of people including Chatteris residents and their friends and family, the switch-on remains a highly anticipated fixture of the festival season.
From the end of November onwards the lights will be switched on daily from 3pm until midnight.
You may also want to watch:
“The lights have been a great success story from the outset, and with well deserved support from the community, will continue to be so,” say the organisers.
“Volunteers, donors and fundraisers are always needed”, they added.
- 1 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 4 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 7 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
The streets will be lined with traders to help get everybody into the festive spirit and Santa will be in his grotto ready to meet and greet youngsters as well as funfair rides and refreshments.
To get involved visit www.chatterischristmaslights.co.uk