Chatteris Christmas Lights to celebrate 30 years with sparkling switch-on event
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris will celebrate 30 years of its Christmas Lights later this month with a special sparkling switch-on event to mark the anniversary.
The town will be lit up for all to see on Saturday November 28 thanks to hours of hard work from the volunteer-run Lights Committee.
Established in 1985, Chatteris Christmas Lights are recognised as one of the best displays in the area and the scheme is acknowledged as an annual diary date for people from miles around.
Attracting hundreds of people including Chatteris residents and their friends and family, the switch-on remains a highly anticipated fixture of the festival season.
From the end of November onwards the lights will be switched on daily from 3pm until midnight.
“The lights have been a great success story from the outset, and with well deserved support from the community, will continue to be so,” say the organisers.
“Volunteers, donors and fundraisers are always needed”, they added.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
The streets will be lined with traders to help get everybody into the festive spirit and Santa will be in his grotto ready to meet and greet youngsters as well as funfair rides and refreshments.
To get involved visit www.chatterischristmaslights.co.uk