Chatteris Christmas Lights to celebrate 30 years with sparkling switch-on event
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris will celebrate 30 years of its Christmas Lights later this month with a special sparkling switch-on event to mark the anniversary.
The town will be lit up for all to see on Saturday November 28 thanks to hours of hard work from the volunteer-run Lights Committee.
Established in 1985, Chatteris Christmas Lights are recognised as one of the best displays in the area and the scheme is acknowledged as an annual diary date for people from miles around.
Attracting hundreds of people including Chatteris residents and their friends and family, the switch-on remains a highly anticipated fixture of the festival season.
From the end of November onwards the lights will be switched on daily from 3pm until midnight.
You may also want to watch:
“The lights have been a great success story from the outset, and with well deserved support from the community, will continue to be so,” say the organisers.
“Volunteers, donors and fundraisers are always needed”, they added.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
The streets will be lined with traders to help get everybody into the festive spirit and Santa will be in his grotto ready to meet and greet youngsters as well as funfair rides and refreshments.
To get involved visit www.chatterischristmaslights.co.uk