Chatteris lines up free summer fun
- Credit: Archant
Families looking for a way to keep children entertained this school holiday will be pleased to learn that Chatteris Town Council will once again be running its summer fun programme.
The entertaining shows, which last from 50 minutes to one hour, are free and will appeal to children from three to nine years and anyone who is young at heart
The venue for this year’s four shows will be the King Edward Centre and all shows will be performed at 11am on Fridays in August. Youngsters must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
The season will begin on August 7 with magic and laughter from JezO, who was a big hit when he presented a summer fun show for the first time last year.
Firm favourites Booster Cushion Theatre and local entertainer Stripey Wipey will be returning by popular demand. Booster Cushion will perform Big Goldilocks and the Three Bears on August 14 and Stripey Wipey will bring his madcap fun, magic and puppetry August 28.
New comer, storyteller Mike Dodsworth completes the line-up and will entertain on August 21.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild