Chatteris lines up free summer fun
- Credit: Archant
Families looking for a way to keep children entertained this school holiday will be pleased to learn that Chatteris Town Council will once again be running its summer fun programme.
The entertaining shows, which last from 50 minutes to one hour, are free and will appeal to children from three to nine years and anyone who is young at heart
The venue for this year’s four shows will be the King Edward Centre and all shows will be performed at 11am on Fridays in August. Youngsters must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
The season will begin on August 7 with magic and laughter from JezO, who was a big hit when he presented a summer fun show for the first time last year.
Firm favourites Booster Cushion Theatre and local entertainer Stripey Wipey will be returning by popular demand. Booster Cushion will perform Big Goldilocks and the Three Bears on August 14 and Stripey Wipey will bring his madcap fun, magic and puppetry August 28.
You may also want to watch:
New comer, storyteller Mike Dodsworth completes the line-up and will entertain on August 21.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s