Chatteris lines up free summer fun
- Credit: Archant
Families looking for a way to keep children entertained this school holiday will be pleased to learn that Chatteris Town Council will once again be running its summer fun programme.
The entertaining shows, which last from 50 minutes to one hour, are free and will appeal to children from three to nine years and anyone who is young at heart
The venue for this year’s four shows will be the King Edward Centre and all shows will be performed at 11am on Fridays in August. Youngsters must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
The season will begin on August 7 with magic and laughter from JezO, who was a big hit when he presented a summer fun show for the first time last year.
Firm favourites Booster Cushion Theatre and local entertainer Stripey Wipey will be returning by popular demand. Booster Cushion will perform Big Goldilocks and the Three Bears on August 14 and Stripey Wipey will bring his madcap fun, magic and puppetry August 28.
You may also want to watch:
New comer, storyteller Mike Dodsworth completes the line-up and will entertain on August 21.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home