Chatteris Music Society to host Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra concert
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Music Society will host a concert by the Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra on Saturday, September 16.
The conductor is Harry Ogg and soloists are Clive Miller (trumpet) and Janie Shillito (cor anglais).
The programme will feature Beethoven’s Egmont Overture, Copland’s Quiet City for solo trumpet, cor anglais and strings, Brahms’ Variations on a theme by Haydn ‘St Anthony’, Stravinsky’s Ode, elegiacal chant for orchestra and Mozart’s Symphony No. 39 in E flat Major
The Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra was founded in 1966 by amateur musicians who had enjoyed making music in various university orchestras and wanted to continue playing after graduation.The performance will be held at Chatteris Parish Church will start at 7pm.
Tickets cost £12.50 (pre-booked) or £15 (on the door) for adults. Under 16’s receive free entry. To book, call 01354 669104/694833/692091 or buy tickets in person from Elizabeth’s Florist, High Street, Chatteris, or from Greetings Ltd, 3 High Street, March PE15 9JA.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be interval refreshments.
Visit www.chatterismusicsociety.org.uk for more information about the concert or future events.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash