Chatteris Music Society to host Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra concert
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Music Society will host a concert by the Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra on Saturday, September 16.
The conductor is Harry Ogg and soloists are Clive Miller (trumpet) and Janie Shillito (cor anglais).
The programme will feature Beethoven’s Egmont Overture, Copland’s Quiet City for solo trumpet, cor anglais and strings, Brahms’ Variations on a theme by Haydn ‘St Anthony’, Stravinsky’s Ode, elegiacal chant for orchestra and Mozart’s Symphony No. 39 in E flat Major
The Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra was founded in 1966 by amateur musicians who had enjoyed making music in various university orchestras and wanted to continue playing after graduation.The performance will be held at Chatteris Parish Church will start at 7pm.
Tickets cost £12.50 (pre-booked) or £15 (on the door) for adults. Under 16’s receive free entry. To book, call 01354 669104/694833/692091 or buy tickets in person from Elizabeth’s Florist, High Street, Chatteris, or from Greetings Ltd, 3 High Street, March PE15 9JA.
There will also be interval refreshments.
Visit www.chatterismusicsociety.org.uk for more information about the concert or future events.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall