Chatteris Music Society to host Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra concert
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Music Society will host a concert by the Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra on Saturday, September 16.
The conductor is Harry Ogg and soloists are Clive Miller (trumpet) and Janie Shillito (cor anglais).
The programme will feature Beethoven’s Egmont Overture, Copland’s Quiet City for solo trumpet, cor anglais and strings, Brahms’ Variations on a theme by Haydn ‘St Anthony’, Stravinsky’s Ode, elegiacal chant for orchestra and Mozart’s Symphony No. 39 in E flat Major
The Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra was founded in 1966 by amateur musicians who had enjoyed making music in various university orchestras and wanted to continue playing after graduation.The performance will be held at Chatteris Parish Church will start at 7pm.
Tickets cost £12.50 (pre-booked) or £15 (on the door) for adults. Under 16’s receive free entry. To book, call 01354 669104/694833/692091 or buy tickets in person from Elizabeth’s Florist, High Street, Chatteris, or from Greetings Ltd, 3 High Street, March PE15 9JA.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be interval refreshments.
Visit www.chatterismusicsociety.org.uk for more information about the concert or future events.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 5 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 6 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
- 10 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses