Chatteris Music Society to host Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra concert
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Music Society will host a concert by the Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra on Saturday, September 16.
The conductor is Harry Ogg and soloists are Clive Miller (trumpet) and Janie Shillito (cor anglais).
The programme will feature Beethoven’s Egmont Overture, Copland’s Quiet City for solo trumpet, cor anglais and strings, Brahms’ Variations on a theme by Haydn ‘St Anthony’, Stravinsky’s Ode, elegiacal chant for orchestra and Mozart’s Symphony No. 39 in E flat Major
The Hertfordshire Chamber Orchestra was founded in 1966 by amateur musicians who had enjoyed making music in various university orchestras and wanted to continue playing after graduation.The performance will be held at Chatteris Parish Church will start at 7pm.
Tickets cost £12.50 (pre-booked) or £15 (on the door) for adults. Under 16’s receive free entry. To book, call 01354 669104/694833/692091 or buy tickets in person from Elizabeth’s Florist, High Street, Chatteris, or from Greetings Ltd, 3 High Street, March PE15 9JA.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be interval refreshments.
Visit www.chatterismusicsociety.org.uk for more information about the concert or future events.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 6 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton