Chef Yotam Ottolenghi, known for Mediterranean Feast on Channel 4, signing copies of new book at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
A TV chef renowned for his vegetarian recipes will do demonstrations and sign copies of his new book at Ely Cathedral on November 24.
Plenty More, Israeli chef Yotam Ottolenghi’s fourth book, has more than 150 dishes, with chapters organised by cooking method – grilled, baked, simmered, cracked, braised, mashed and so forth.
He started as an assistant pastry chef at the Capital and then worked at Kensington Place, Launceston Place, Maison Blanc and Baker and Spice, before starting his own group of restaurants and food shops with branches in Notting Hill, Islington and Belgravia.
He has presented two series of Ottolenghi’s Mediterranean Feast on More 4 and Channel 4. Plenty More is his fourth book
He said: “In Plenty More I have aimed to capture some of the techniques involved in constructing a dish, in putting together components and arranging them in layers of flavour, texture and colour.
You may also want to watch:
“If Plenty, through its structure and recipe selection, tried to shed light on groups of ingredients – my favourite ingredients – this book takes these favourites, adds a few new members to the happy family (kashk, dakos and black garlic, to name just a few) and then focuses on cooking techniques and methods that best utilise their potential.
“I hope it offers an additional perspective on an ever-expanding world of vegetables, grains and legumes, a world of plenty of fantastic ingredients and dishes and plenty more to discover.”
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
The event will take place from 7.45-8.45pm.