Chef Yotam Ottolenghi, known for Mediterranean Feast on Channel 4, signing copies of new book at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
A TV chef renowned for his vegetarian recipes will do demonstrations and sign copies of his new book at Ely Cathedral on November 24.
Plenty More, Israeli chef Yotam Ottolenghi’s fourth book, has more than 150 dishes, with chapters organised by cooking method – grilled, baked, simmered, cracked, braised, mashed and so forth.
He started as an assistant pastry chef at the Capital and then worked at Kensington Place, Launceston Place, Maison Blanc and Baker and Spice, before starting his own group of restaurants and food shops with branches in Notting Hill, Islington and Belgravia.
He has presented two series of Ottolenghi’s Mediterranean Feast on More 4 and Channel 4. Plenty More is his fourth book
He said: “In Plenty More I have aimed to capture some of the techniques involved in constructing a dish, in putting together components and arranging them in layers of flavour, texture and colour.
You may also want to watch:
“If Plenty, through its structure and recipe selection, tried to shed light on groups of ingredients – my favourite ingredients – this book takes these favourites, adds a few new members to the happy family (kashk, dakos and black garlic, to name just a few) and then focuses on cooking techniques and methods that best utilise their potential.
“I hope it offers an additional perspective on an ever-expanding world of vegetables, grains and legumes, a world of plenty of fantastic ingredients and dishes and plenty more to discover.”
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 8 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 10 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
The event will take place from 7.45-8.45pm.