Chest infection forces singing star Aled Jones to cancel tonight’s Ely Cathedral concert
- Credit: Archant
SINGER Aled Jones has been forced to cancel his concert at Ely Cathedral tonight, because he is suffering from a severe chest infection.
This is the second time the star has pulled out of a concert scheduled for the city - last October the concert a his concert had to be postponed, because he took on the job of hosting the daytime TV show Daybreak.
An spokeswoman for the Welsh tenor and TV presenter said: “Unfortunately Aled Jones has had to cancel his concerts in Norwich, Ely, Derby, York and Salisbury due to an ongoing illness.
“Whilst preparing and practising his for his tour it has reactivated his severe chest infection and inflamed vocal chords. Aled has also developed tonsilitis during this time.
“On doctor’s orders, it has been advised to cancel these five shows until he is well enough to perform.”
You may also want to watch:
Aled had been due to perform with the Ely Cathedral choir and the Ely Imps at ther concert, which is part of his 2013 UK cathdral tour.
People who have bought tickets for the cancelled concert will be entitled to a refund.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash