Chippenham Park to host month of Snowdrop Weekends
- Credit: Archant
Visitors will once again get to witness a spectacle of snowdrops when Chippenham Park hosts its Snowdrop Weekends throughout next month.
The 40 acres of woodland and lakeside gardens, set against the background of a magnificent Georgian house, will be carpeted white with naturalised snowdrops.
The gardens also boast fiery dogwoods, aconites and winter blossoms.
The Potting Shed Cafe, set in the old Kitchen Garden, will be open all day serving hot soups, Chippenham Park’s free-range ‘hot-dogs’, cakes, teas, other refreshments and mulled wine – all in front of a blazing log-burning stove.
Owners Hugo and Becca Nicolle said: “With the mild temperatures the snowdrops are coming quite early, the aconites are already flowering.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a ‘must’ see for the seasoned galanthaphile, as well as the amateur garden aficionado. It is also a wonderful winter walk in beautiful surroundings at a time of year when we all need cheering up.
“We will probably open early this year so check our website for the latest news.”
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 6 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
Chippenham Park, on the Cambridgeshire-Suffolk border, is close to Newmarket.
The gardens are open to the public on every Saturday and Sunday during February, from 11am-4pm, with the first opening on February 1. Adult entry is £5, children are free. For more details go to www.chippenhamparkgardens.co.uk