Chippenham Park to host month of Snowdrop Weekends
- Credit: Archant
Visitors will once again get to witness a spectacle of snowdrops when Chippenham Park hosts its Snowdrop Weekends throughout next month.
The 40 acres of woodland and lakeside gardens, set against the background of a magnificent Georgian house, will be carpeted white with naturalised snowdrops.
The gardens also boast fiery dogwoods, aconites and winter blossoms.
The Potting Shed Cafe, set in the old Kitchen Garden, will be open all day serving hot soups, Chippenham Park’s free-range ‘hot-dogs’, cakes, teas, other refreshments and mulled wine – all in front of a blazing log-burning stove.
Owners Hugo and Becca Nicolle said: “With the mild temperatures the snowdrops are coming quite early, the aconites are already flowering.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a ‘must’ see for the seasoned galanthaphile, as well as the amateur garden aficionado. It is also a wonderful winter walk in beautiful surroundings at a time of year when we all need cheering up.
“We will probably open early this year so check our website for the latest news.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
Chippenham Park, on the Cambridgeshire-Suffolk border, is close to Newmarket.
The gardens are open to the public on every Saturday and Sunday during February, from 11am-4pm, with the first opening on February 1. Adult entry is £5, children are free. For more details go to www.chippenhamparkgardens.co.uk