Chippenham Park to host month of Snowdrop Weekends
- Credit: Archant
Visitors will once again get to witness a spectacle of snowdrops when Chippenham Park hosts its Snowdrop Weekends throughout next month.
The 40 acres of woodland and lakeside gardens, set against the background of a magnificent Georgian house, will be carpeted white with naturalised snowdrops.
The gardens also boast fiery dogwoods, aconites and winter blossoms.
The Potting Shed Cafe, set in the old Kitchen Garden, will be open all day serving hot soups, Chippenham Park’s free-range ‘hot-dogs’, cakes, teas, other refreshments and mulled wine – all in front of a blazing log-burning stove.
Owners Hugo and Becca Nicolle said: “With the mild temperatures the snowdrops are coming quite early, the aconites are already flowering.
“This is a ‘must’ see for the seasoned galanthaphile, as well as the amateur garden aficionado. It is also a wonderful winter walk in beautiful surroundings at a time of year when we all need cheering up.
“We will probably open early this year so check our website for the latest news.”
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 7 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
Chippenham Park, on the Cambridgeshire-Suffolk border, is close to Newmarket.
The gardens are open to the public on every Saturday and Sunday during February, from 11am-4pm, with the first opening on February 1. Adult entry is £5, children are free. For more details go to www.chippenhamparkgardens.co.uk