Chatteris musician Christian Smith gears up to release new album with hometown show at The Sportsman
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris country rock musician Christian Smith is set to release his new album ‘Revival’ on June 8.
Playing nationally and internationally for the past five years, at venues including the O2 Academy Islington, Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club and Cambridge Junction, the Fenland singer-songwriter has built up a catalogue of original Americana rock style songs.
Since being signed by Suffolk-based label 'GingerDog Records' in 2018 Christian has had his single 'Auburn Sky' played on radio stations in America, Australia and many other countries. The track also reached number five in the iTunes Country Chart.
His new album - described as "a raw rocky feel fused with hints of country" - is the culmination of years of hard work and dedication to song-writing.
To celebrate the release of 'Revival', there will be an album release show at The Sportsman in Chatteris on June 8.
Tickets are available at www.gingerdog.co.uk/concerts
Visit www.christiansmithmusic.co.uk for information about his future tour dates.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road