Christine is turning pink in support of Breast Cancer Care
- Credit: Archant
ELY Cathedral staff member Christine Manels will soon be in the pink - she is about to have her hair died stunning cerise to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.
Christine, who works in the cathedral as part of the ministry of welcome team and in the shop, is taking on her new look in tribute to her sister-in-law Sylvia Manels of Mildenhall, who has been undergoing breast cancer treatment.
“I feel she has been very brave during this terrible time,” said Christine, 63. “With the help of West Suffolk Hospital, Macmillan nurses and Breast Cancer Care, she is now hopefully on the slow road to recovery. After all she has gone through, this is the least I can do to support her.”
Christine and her friend Val Alecock are having their hair dyed by Christine’s daughter Tina Yallop, at her Pink Eclipz salon in Lakenheath on Saturday March 23.
During the fund raising event, supporters will pay a £5 entry fee to watch the hair transformation, enjoy a pink cup cake and a pink glass of wine, and take part in a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Christine, who lives in West Row, hopes to raise around £1,000 for the charity. To support her fundraising effort, sign up on a sponsor form at Ely Cathedral, or call Christine on 07963 825759 or email her at christine.manels@ggogle,mail.com
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 5 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 6 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 7 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections