Christine is turning pink in support of Breast Cancer Care
- Credit: Archant
ELY Cathedral staff member Christine Manels will soon be in the pink - she is about to have her hair died stunning cerise to raise money for Breast Cancer Care.
Christine, who works in the cathedral as part of the ministry of welcome team and in the shop, is taking on her new look in tribute to her sister-in-law Sylvia Manels of Mildenhall, who has been undergoing breast cancer treatment.
“I feel she has been very brave during this terrible time,” said Christine, 63. “With the help of West Suffolk Hospital, Macmillan nurses and Breast Cancer Care, she is now hopefully on the slow road to recovery. After all she has gone through, this is the least I can do to support her.”
Christine and her friend Val Alecock are having their hair dyed by Christine’s daughter Tina Yallop, at her Pink Eclipz salon in Lakenheath on Saturday March 23.
During the fund raising event, supporters will pay a £5 entry fee to watch the hair transformation, enjoy a pink cup cake and a pink glass of wine, and take part in a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Christine, who lives in West Row, hopes to raise around £1,000 for the charity. To support her fundraising effort, sign up on a sponsor form at Ely Cathedral, or call Christine on 07963 825759 or email her at christine.manels@ggogle,mail.com
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years