Christmas magic at Peckover House, Wisbech, will hit you for six - particularly tree decorated by volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Special open days for Christmas have become tradition at Peckover House, in Wisbech, with the event becoming ever more popular each year.
This year promises to be as magical as ever, as the team of talented flower arrangers and local groups begin their work, adding seasonal beauty to the historical rooms.
Christmas, with scents of pine, flowers and spices filling the air, always brings its own magic to the house, with local schools and organisations adding their flair and imagination to the mix.
A new flavour is being added this year with some of the National Trust house’s volunteers decorating a tree to reflect their hobbies.
One of those taking part is Christine Carr, who will be turning her love of cricket into a tree theme.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m really loving my part in decorating the house,” said Christine.
“I have a few surprises, which I hope cricket lovers will enjoy.”
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 7 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 8 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 9 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
During the afternoons there will be entertainment by local choirs and musicians, with mulled wine and home-made mince pies available, to make the experience complete.
Peckover House, in North Brink, Wisbech, will be open from December 6-9 and then December 13-14, from noon to last admission at 4.30pm.
Entrance is free to National Trust members, with the normal entrance charge applying otherwise.
Please note that for this event not all of the rooms will be open.
For further information contact Peckover House on North Brink, Wisbech on 01945 583463 or visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/peckover