Coates May Fair organisers hope for another successful show - and for the rain to stay away
FINAL preparations for this year’s May Fair in Coates are now complete - and organisers are hoping for another successful event.
Organised by a team of governors from the village school, the annual fair takes place on North Green on May 12 from 1-4pm.
As is traditional, the crowning of the May King and Queen will kick off events. Bev Sands, chairman of Coates Primary School’s recently-formed Fun for Funds Group, will do the honours.
Throughout the afternoon there will be entertainment including Maypole dancing by children from the school, a dog show, African dancing, barbecue, fairground attractions and car boot sale amongst the many stalls.
Jenny Gamble, one of the organisers said: “The May Fair is held so that charities and groups can come along and raise money for their causes, and over the last few years we’ve seen the number of stalls increasing.
“It is always a great family afternoon out and this year promises to be the best yet.
“We were lucky with the weather last year, as although it poured down with rain in the morning, come 1pm there was a break in the clouds and the sun came out.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel until later due to 'incidents'
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
“We’ve been working on arrangements for this year’s event since then and hope that the rain keeps away.”
The event is sponsored by the village’s Spar shop and Easton Caravan Storage.
• Anyone wanting to have a stall or attend the car boot sale at the event should contact the school on 01733 840527. Plots for car booters are �5.