Comedy and a tragic tale at The Angles Theatre in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
TWO comediennes take to the stage at the Angles Theatre in Wisbech on Friday in their new stage show that’s packed with ketches, characters and songs.
Marina O’Shea and Tess O’Gaukroger are making a name for themselves across the UK, with their friendly, witty and instinctive style, as they appear up and down the country.
The comedy duo, O and O, will perform their new show A Comedy of Careers, exploring what might have happened had they chosen different careers.
The show starts at 7.30pm. and tickets cost £11 and £9.
*Early next month, the school’s edition of Miss Saigon will be performed at the Angles Theatre by RATz amateur youth.
The musical, only recently released for performance by amateurs, is by Claude-Michel Schönberg and Alain Boublil, with lyrics by Boublil and Richard Maltby, Jr.
Set in late 1970s Saigon during the Vietnam War, the musical is based on Puccini’s Madame Butterfly, and tells the tragic tale of a doomed romance involving a young Vietnamese woman abandoned by her American GI.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
The music is tender and powerful; emotions run ragged and high; the tension is taut; the result is an amazing and memorable experience.
Cameron Mackintosh has confirmed that Miss Saigon will be restaged in the professional theatre in 2014, and auditions are already underway in Manilla.
Meanwhile, the schools edition gives the audience an opportunity to get a very good feel of this epic musical, second only to the classic Les Miserables.
Miss Saigon runs from Tuesday April 2 to Saturday April 6. There are shows each evening at 7.30pm, with a matinee on the Saturday. Tickets cost £11 and £9.
Angles Theatre box office: 01945 474447.