Comedy and music at A Little Bit of Variety show at Ely Maltings
- Credit: Archant
BBC new comedy award semi-finalist Iszi Lawrence will be taking to the stage in Ely on Saturday, during an entertainment evening at The Maltings called A Little Bit of Variety.
Iszi is a comedian, illustrator and artist. She is the voice of the weekly podcast Skeptics Guide to the Universe and has her own weekly podcast Sundays Supplement, which she co-hosts with TV writer Simon Dunn. She is an international speaker on skepticism and atheism.
The Ely show is being organised by Ely based Scott Archer, who runs an events company and has billed the night as “an entertainment packed evening for all.”
Also featuring in the show will be up and coming Cambridge based percussive guitarist Will Robert, and the former member of Hamfatter, Mark Ellis and his Band.
New solo artist Anton White will also perform, before the night ends with a late night disco. A fully licensed bar will be available.
Scott said: I want to bring something new to Ely, and The Maltings, which is under new management, is an ideal venue for a variety show. If this goes well, we are looking to make it a monthly event.”
Tickets for the show that starts at 8pm cost £10 in advance and £12 on the door. Tickets are available from Burrows Bookshop in Ely High Street Passage, or by calling 01353 610868.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 6 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 7 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday