Comedy masterpiece coming to the Arts Theatre
NOEL Coward’s comedic masterpiece, Volcano, comes to Cambridge Arts Theatre for one week only this month.
Recently widowed Adela Shelly finds herself being seduced by the suave Guy Littleton, a visitor to her elegant Caribbean house on the side of an island volcano. When Guy’s acid-tongued wife Melissa decides to fly in to see off the competition, she hasn’t considered that Adela’s best friend, Ellen, might also be falling for her husband’s charms! As tensions bubble up from under the surface and begin to erupt, so does the volcano, all with explosive consequences…
Jenny Seagrove has played lead roles in almost every West End playhouse. Her most recent performance was in Rufus Norris’s critically-acclaimed production of Clifford Odets The Country Girl, which followed her appearance in Peter Hall’s production of Alan Ayckbourn’s Bedroom Farce. Jenny starred as Emma Harte in the Emmy Nominated hit series A Woman of Substance and is also known to millions of television viewers having starred alongside Martin Shaw as barrister Jo Mills in BBC TV’s hugely popular series Judge John Deed - the Bafta Award winning legal drama which ran for a record six years.
Her co-star Dawn Steele is well known for her role as Alexandra “Lexie” MacDonald in the BBC drama Monarch of the Glen. She has also starred in ITV’s hit Wild at Heart as Alice Trevanion and Sea of Souls.
Jason Durr, is fondly remembered as PC/DC Michael “Mike” Bradley in the British Series Heartbeat from 1997 to 2003 and who has recently received favourable reviews for his performances as murder suspect Alan Daniel in the two-part British television drama Above Suspicion.
You may also want to watch:
Volcano runs from Monday, June 18, until Saturday, June 23. Performances are nightly at 7.45pm with a matinee on Saturday and Tuesday at 2.30pm. Tickets: �15-�30 from 01223 503333
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton