Irish singer Daniel O’Donnell comes to Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Irish crooner Daniel O Donnell comes to Cambridge for his popular show of live music and chat.
Described as a supreme showman by the Irish Post, he has sold more than three million albums and is the only artist to have had an album in the UK charts every year for the past 18 years.
Daniel said: “We’re delighted to be back on the road. We’ve introduced some new musicians and some different instruments into the band as I always like to keep things fresh.
“I’m really excited about the new line up and show”.
He is described as one of the best loved artists of our time, both at home and abroad.
Over the course of his career, he has become the only artist in the world to score a hit in the UK album charts every year since 1988, his most recent in November 2017.
He has an unprecedented and unbroken 30 year span, something that not even Michael Jackson, Madonna, U2, Bowie, The Beatles or the Rolling Stones have achieved.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 6 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 7 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 10 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
Recently he was a contestant in the 2015 series of Strictly Come Dancing, one of his all-time favorite TV shows.
He will be visiting Cambridge Corn Exchange on October 6 at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £42.50 or £47.50. Box office: 01223 357851.