Darren Day the star name at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange’s pantomime, Beauty and the Beast
- Credit: Archant
West End performer Darren Day has the title role at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange for this year’s pantomime, Beauty and the Beast.
Darren will join the cast in the role of the Beast and Prince.
He has a wealth of West End experience having played the lead role in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Copacabana and Summer Holiday. He is also no stranger to the tradition of pantomime, having played the role of Captain Hook in Peter Pan for the last two years.
Returning to King’s Lynn to play Dame Derriere is Ian Marr and Steven Pinder returns to take up the role of Beauty’s Father.
Making his pantomime debut is KLFM’s Breakfast Show host Adam Newstead who will be taking to the stage as Bertrand the Butler.
Also among the cast are West End performer Chloe Hart, who is currently starring in Wicked, comedian John Pritchard and Joanna Sawyer who plays Beauty.
Les Miller, Corn Exchange general manager, said “We are thrilled to have Darren joining us for Christmas in what promises to be another excellent pantomime.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
“Darren is a highly experienced and talented performer who will wow audiences as he plays the Beast and magically transforms into the handsome Prince.”
The pantomime is sponsored by J & K Glass in association with KLFM.
Beauty and the Beast is at The Corn Exchange from December 6-31. Tickets are available from the box office on 01553 764864 or online at www.kingslynncornexchange.co.uk