David Walliams’ ‘Gangsta Granny’ is coming to the Cambridge Arts Theatre stage
- Credit: Archant
Prepare to meet the coolest grandma going when ‘Gangsta Granny’ stops off at the Cambridge Arts Theatre.
Based on the best-selling children’s book by David Walliams, the story has been bought to life just in time for the October half term by the producers of ‘Horrible Histories’.
“It’s Friday night and Ben knows that means only one thing - staying with Granny! There will be cabbage soup, cabbage pie and cabbage cake and Ben knows one thing for sure - it’s going to be sooooooooo boring,” tease promoters.
But what Ben doesn’t know is that Granny has a secret - and Friday nights are about to get more exciting than he could possibly imagine...”
The television adaptation was a huge hit last Christmas and starred Walliams, Miranda Hart and Joanna Lumley.
You may also want to watch:
The show runs from Tuesday 25 to Saturday 29 October for a range of 2.30pm and 7pm performances.
Tickets; £23 for adults and £18 for children (including a £3 booking fee) are available from www.cambridgeartstheatre.com or by calling the box office: 01223 503333.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
Running time is two hours and 15 minutes, including an interval.