Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- Credit: Nick Larkin
Bus enthusiasts have the chance to enjoy free bus rides on classic and double deckers from the 1950s onwards this weekend.
The 2021 Fenland BusFest takes place this Sunday (July 25) in Whittlesey.
Vehicles both privately owned and from local operators will be taking part, running on a network of routes across North Cambridgeshire.
They are set to include a classic London Transport AEC RT from the 1950s and from Stagecoach East, a 2019 BYD / Alexander Dennis electric double-decker.
Operators supporting the event include Delaine, Dews and WH Fowler.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Larkin, the event's spokesperson, said: “We were so sorry not to be able to run the BusFest last year and so many people got in touch to say how much they had missed the event.
“We are proud to bring BusFest 2021 for the people of Fenland and beyond to enjoy.”
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 3 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 7 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 8 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 9 Nearly £800 raised by cricket club for local charities
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
The event will take place from 10am-5pm, with services running every 20 minutes to Peterborough bus station and half hourly to Thorney, Turves and Yaxley.