Deacon Blue announce summer concert at Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Scottish pop band Deacon Blue will perform at Thetford Forest this summer as part of the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live series.
The band’s melodic pop-rock style, with jazz and soul inspired melodies, gained a fervent fan base through several albums like Raintown, When The World Knows Your Name and Fellow Hoodlums.
In 2012 Deacon Blue released their first album in more than a decade, The Hipsters, which went Top 20 and was supported by a sold-out UK tour.
Deacon Blue, plus guests, will perform at Thetford Forest on Sunday, July 13.
Front man Ricky Ross said: “This is a new adventure for the band. We are looking forward to bringing the full Deacon Blue live experience to these unique locations and we really hope you can join us.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets go on sale on Friday, February 28, and cost £40.70 (including booking fee). To purchase, call 03000 680400 or visit www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police