Deacon Blue announce summer concert at Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Scottish pop band Deacon Blue will perform at Thetford Forest this summer as part of the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live series.
The band’s melodic pop-rock style, with jazz and soul inspired melodies, gained a fervent fan base through several albums like Raintown, When The World Knows Your Name and Fellow Hoodlums.
In 2012 Deacon Blue released their first album in more than a decade, The Hipsters, which went Top 20 and was supported by a sold-out UK tour.
Deacon Blue, plus guests, will perform at Thetford Forest on Sunday, July 13.
Front man Ricky Ross said: “This is a new adventure for the band. We are looking forward to bringing the full Deacon Blue live experience to these unique locations and we really hope you can join us.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets go on sale on Friday, February 28, and cost £40.70 (including booking fee). To purchase, call 03000 680400 or visit www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years