Deacon Blue announce summer concert at Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Scottish pop band Deacon Blue will perform at Thetford Forest this summer as part of the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live series.
The band’s melodic pop-rock style, with jazz and soul inspired melodies, gained a fervent fan base through several albums like Raintown, When The World Knows Your Name and Fellow Hoodlums.
In 2012 Deacon Blue released their first album in more than a decade, The Hipsters, which went Top 20 and was supported by a sold-out UK tour.
Deacon Blue, plus guests, will perform at Thetford Forest on Sunday, July 13.
Front man Ricky Ross said: “This is a new adventure for the band. We are looking forward to bringing the full Deacon Blue live experience to these unique locations and we really hope you can join us.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets go on sale on Friday, February 28, and cost £40.70 (including booking fee). To purchase, call 03000 680400 or visit www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car